Discover Nice, Menton & Monaco
The eastern part of the French Riviera is a small stretch of coast but it’s packed with some of the most interesting and vibrant places in the whole of France. The Corniches from Nice to the Italian border serve Villefranche, Monaco and Menton; the very names conjure up alluring images of the French Riviera that you can hardly resist. Inland are the Gorges de la Vesubie, smaller than the Gordes du Verdon but possibly even more rugged, these are well worth a visit and only about an hour from the coast.
Nice is often known as "La Belle". It’s the second largest city of the French Mediterranean and sits happily between the Med and the Alps, resulting not only in an awe-inspiring city but also in beautiful scenery roundabout. The city's famous Carnival is simply not to be missed! Another delightful spot is Menton with its colourful buildings, picturesque streets, numerous bars and restaurants. But probably the best known town in this region has to be Monaco. In this world-renowned sovereign city-state luxury and extravagance are the norm. This fairy-tale kingdom, well known as a tax-haven, is home to a lot of wealthy people. Whether you want to get lucky at one of many casinos, spend a month’s wage on dinner or try out your brand new supercar on the racing tracks, Monaco is the place to be. Don’t have a million to spare? Don’t worry, the city is great to visit for a day, admire the wealth, and enjoy the richness and splendour around you.
Things to See & Do in Nice, Menton & Monaco
Beaches & Bars
The best beaches in this area can be found in Cagnes sur Mer and Juan-les-Pins. Cagnes sur Mer is quiet and pretty and easily reached from Nice and the neighbouring airport. Juan-les-Pins is actually a district of Antibes but has its very own ambiance and attracts its own fans, so is often taken as a separate town in its own right.
Towns & Villages
- Antibes, a pretty town with a vibrant cafe culture and also home to the Picasso museum for art and culture lovers. For families looking for a fun day out and a place to cool off, Marine Land is located close by.
- Biot, close the coast and in contrast the larger towns, explore this medieval village with an interesting history.
- Carros, a hilltop village with breathtaking view to the mountains and the sea.
- Vence, a town that is a great place to visit all year round but really comes alive for the jazz festival, which usually takes place in July.
- Villefranche-sur-Mer, a beachside town with a sheltered port and interesting history, having been invaded through the ages by the Greeks, the Romans, the Dukes of Savoy, the French and even, at the turn of the century, Imperial Russia.
Events & Festivals
Activities for Families
Marineland is located in Antibes: a great day out for everyone young and old with a chance to see dolphins, sea lions and killer whales.
Markets & Museums
Markets are a staple of French life, especially here in the South of France. The highlight of this region is the main market in Nice centre: a great way to spend a morning and stop for a lazy lunch to watch the world go by.
Restaurants & Bars
There are too many great restaurants in this area to name them all, but one of our favourites and one we recommend to all our customers is the Cote Sud in Menton.
Sites and Attractions
If you're looking for somewhere new to explore - perhaps by bike or with a walk along the quay - we recommend the Marina and Baie des Anges in Antibes.
Find a Villa in Nice, Menton or Monaco
Choose one of the destinations below to view our range of holiday villas, chateaux and apartment rentals. If you're not sure which area would suit your best or have specific needs, you can always call or email us and one of our team will be able to help you with your search.
|VIEW ALL OUR COTE D'AZUR HOLIDAY PROPERTIES|