Renting a Holiday Villa in the South of France
If you're looking for a Holiday Villa in the Languedoc, Provence or Cote d’Azur then here are some tips you might find useful:
- It can be very hot here sometimes, even at night. Not all properties have fans but they can be hired from South France Holiday Villas beforehand if required. Please check with us whether a property has fans or not. It may not be possible to deliver fans to you during your stay due to stock levels so please book early.
- For 2-week bookings, a mid-stay linen change is generally NOT included but can be requested at an extra cost in some properties.
- Bathroom towels are usually provided but not always pool or beach towels so please check this with us if you do not wish to bring your own.
- Opening times for all shops vary tremendously and a 2-, or even 3-, hour break at lunchtime is common. Only a few supermarkets are open on Sundays and this may only be in the morning so make sure your weekend shopping is done before midday on Sunday!
- Aircon, phone lines and mobile signal are not always available at properties, please check details or ask us to confirm.
- If hiring a car, please note that a credit card is ESSENTIAL. No other form of payment is accepted, not even cash. Please also check that the hire car desk will be open when you arrive at your destination airport.
- If travelling to the area on a Saturday in peak season (mid July to mid August), be prepared for heavy traffic and queues on the motorway and other main routes.
- Late arrival at your holiday accommodation, ie, after 9pm, can be arranged but only by prior agreement.
- Feel free to ask for approximate dimensions of your holiday accommodation. Some 2-bedroom properties may only be around 50m2 or less.
- Communal and public swimming pools in France mostly do not allow shorts, bermudas or cut-down jeans to be worn in the pool. Only 'Speedo-type' swimming trunks which fit around the leg are permitted, so please remember to bring these with you.
- Electric supply – sometimes the electrical supply in a French property is lower than in the UK and may not be able to support several appliances being used at the same time. Please make sure you know where the electricity board is to reset the trip switches if necessary.
- Satellite TV is available at many of our properties but may be French satellite rather than UK, unless detailed as such. If you require specific channels, please check when booking as English language channels can be restricted.
- Village facilities – most villages have shops and restaurants but some have practically nothing. Please check with us if this is not listed on the property details and you are unsure of what is in the local village.