Our Booking Process
Booking your holiday rental with South France Holiday Villas is simple and straightforward. Our highly-rated personal service means that we respond to your email or telephone queries extremely quickly. Our experience of the south of France, linked with our personal knowledge of the properties advertised on our site, mean that we can usually answer your questions there and then. If your query is something that only an owner can answer then we will contact them on your behalf and get right back to you. Remember, we can help you at every stage to choose just the right holiday property for you or to guide you through the booking process in case of any doubt.
At the bottom of this page you can find some pointers to keep in mind when booking your holiday. When you have chosen the property that's just right for you, here's how the Booking Procedure works:
Things to keep in mind before booking
- Think about the group you are holidaying with. Are there babies? Small children? Older children or teenagers? Is anyone in a wheelchair or a bit wobbly on their legs? Are you a group of more than one family, or an extended family over three generations, or a big mix of family and friends? Does anyone have particular special needs?
- What is your budget?
- Are your holiday dates flexible?
- Do you need to holiday in the high season or are you in a position to benefit from lower mid-season rental prices?
- Do you prefer a private pool or a shared one?
- Do you want to holiday by the sea, in the countryside, near a village or a town?
- Do you want to hire a car or do you prefer to walk and use public transport?
- Is WiFi access and UK TV important to you and the kids?
- Will you want air-conditioning or fans?
- For 2-week bookings, mid-stay linen change is generally NOT included but can be requested.
- Bathroom towels are usually provided but not always pool or beach towels.
- Opening times for all shops vary tremendously and a 2-, or even 3-, hour break at lunchtime is common. Only a few supermarkets are open on Sundays and this may only be in the morning so make sure your weekend shopping is done before midday on Sunday.
- Aircon, phone lines and mobile signal are not always available at properties.
- If hiring a car, please note that a credit card is ESSENTIAL. No other form of payment is accepted, not even cash. Please also check that the hire car desk will be open when you arrive at your destination airport.
- If travelling to the area on a Saturday in peak season (mid July to mid August), be prepared for heavy traffic and queues on the motorway and other main routes.
- Communal and public swimming pools in France mostly do not allow shorts, bermudas or cut-down jeans to be worn in the pool. Only 'Speedo-type' swimming trunks which fit around the leg are permitted, so please remember to bring these with you.
- Electric supply – sometimes the electrical supply in a French property is lower than in the UK and may not be able to support several appliances being used at the same time.