Property Management Services
If you are lucky enough to own a property in the South of France and are already renting it out, or are considering entering the holiday rentals market, then you need to be totally confident that your property is being managed correctly.
South France Holiday Villas has its own property management team in the Béziers area in the heart of the Languedoc. We manage all types of properties within a 50-mile radius of Béziers (Marseillan, Cap d'Agde, Valras Plage, Narbonne, Cessenon-sur-Orb, Capestang, ect) including cleaning, laundry, house checks, gardening, pool cleaning and emergency response.
If you need a totally reliable team to watch over your property when you can’t, then look no further.
South France Holiday Villas provides a full property management service ranging from a monthly security check to make sure all is well, to providing efficient and high-quality changeovers during the rental season. We also offer pool maintenance, gardening, general maintenance and decorating. We can also be named as the main contact for your guests should something go wrong, using our local contacts to put things right quickly and cost-effectively.
We make regular visits to your holiday property, particularly over the winter period, to ensure there are no problems from leaking taps, broken roof tiles etc.
Knowing that we are local and available to deal with any problems arising either with the property or your guests will ensure peace of mind.
We offer different levels of contract to give you the greatest flexibility when choosing our services so whether you require a full Property Management service, or if you just want someone to do your changeovers in high season, there is a contract for you.
Please contact us for full details.
Property Rental Service
Free advertising on our website. We handle all contracts, monies, security deposits and arrival information and charge a commission on any rentals organised for you. Please see our Advertise With Us page for more information.
We are available to help you out whenever you need it, be it a phone call to EDF, getting additional keys cut, making any purchases on your behalf, organizing a delivery for you or translating a letter.
This service gives your holiday property's guests the security of being able to contact someone to assist them with any problems arising during their rental. It also means that you do not have to get involved if you do not wish to.
We will always attempt to resolve any problems by telephone in the first instance but will meet your guests or accompany them to garages/hospitals etc if necessary.
If you have taken out one of our Contracts, then you are entitled to a set number of Surveillance Visits. Additional visits can be organised on request.
If your guests leave the holiday property and no-one else is coming in for a while, then we can offer you a Departure Check whereby we visit the property within 48 hours of departure, check the condition of the property, check the inventory, collect the keys if necessary, empty the fridge, bring in the garden furniture, turn the electricity/water off and collect the used laundry.
Mid-stay cleans and bed linen and towel change, payable by your guests.
Gardening and Pool Cleaning
Light gardening and lawn mowing. Pool maintenance /spring opening and winter closing of pools. Window cleaning /handyman jobs. General maintenance and decorating. Electrical work. Plumbing.
We can do an initial shop for your guests so that they can sit back and relax when they arrive on their holiday and not have to dash to the store! Just email us a list and we will have it delivered to your villa ready for their arrival.
Alternatively, a 'Starter Pack' is usually gratefully received by your guests, just so they can make a cup of tea and have a quick sandwich. Especially useful if they are arriving late at night.
Hire of Baby Equipment
If you do not want to buy cots, highchairs, buggies or stair-gates then we can hire these directly to your guests. We can also supply bedlinen, towels and pool towels, if required.
We will recommend companies to you to handle all your projects - from painting and decorating, tiling, kitchen and bathroom installation, plastering, flooring, air-conditioning, pool installation etc. Electricians, plumbers, satellite TV.
Once you take out a contract with us, you can rest assured that your requirements will be dealt with efficiently and precisely.
We have many years' experience in this field and have built up a comprehensive network of contacts we can call on to assist with any problems which might arise at your property.
References can be provided on request. As a UK-registered business, you can pay for our services directly into a UK bank, thereby avoiding hefty transfer charges.
Tips on Preparation for the Rental Season
- Spring clean your property for the first arrivals, this should include cleaning inside cupboards and all windows. If you are not able to prepare your property for the first let of the season, we are happy to carry out a spring clean/regular clean on request.
- Check your inventory. This should include all the bedlinen and towels and replace any damaged items, record the condition of the property and make a note of any marks on walls, furniture etc. A copy of the inventory left in your house manual is a good idea. Make sure all linen, mattress protectors, throws, rugs, sofa cushion covers and curtains are clean and in good order.
- Remove or lock away all your personal items at the start of the season to avoid any of your favourite ornaments being accidentally damaged.
- Make sure you have enough linen of the correct sizes for all the beds, including any sofabeds. This means you need two sets of linen and towels for each guest so you are prepared if you have back-to-back bookings. If beds are different sizes, make sure it is clear which linen is for which bed.
- Make sure all your laundry items are clearly marked with your name or house name. This can be done easily with waterproof laundry markers but be aware that if you use an ordinary indelible marker this can sometimes 'bleed' when subjected to the hot wash at the laundry. Don't forget the tea towels, bathmats, tablecloths, napkins, face cloths etc.
- When choosing linen for your rental property, it is best to choose cotton rather than poly-cotton mixtures. Coloured towels are a better bet than plain white as any stains will show up less.
- Don't forget that you will also need a spare set of mattress and pillow protectors, and that they are also marked.
- Keep all your spare linen and towels in a lockable box or cupboard so they are not used by current guests, leaving the cleaners short for the next changeover.
- Check that cleaning supplies are adequate including any dishwasher/washing machine tablets etc. you want to leave, plus a spare set of lightbulbs (marked) as well as batteries for any smoke alarms etc.
- Decide if you wish to leave a few items as a Welcome Gift for your guests, ie. wine, milk, water, tea, coffee etc.
- Don't forget the garden - it will probably need a tidy up after the winter to make it look attractive and garden furniture / BBQ / need to be taken out of storage, cleaned and put into position.
If you have any questions about our managing of holiday properties for rent in the Languedoc, Contact Us.