Cedar Chateau - MEZI101OL
Prices from £9,190 - £9,190
Sleeps: 24 Bedrooms: 12
Listed as a historical monument, this Chateau was once an ancient fortress before becoming an Italian palace and boasts 12 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms, sleeping up to 24 people spread out over 2 houses. With 25 acres of private grounds, a large private swimming pool, a tennis court, a table tennis table, a football table and more, you'll feel right at home and won't be lost of things to do. Located in between Bordeaux and Toulouse near a small market village called Mézin in the Dordogne, this is the ideal place for a relaxing holiday which will allow you to experience the authentic South West of France. Suitable for events and weddings. Minimum stay 3 nights (weddings), 4 nights (holidays).
About Cedar Chateau
The beautiful Cedar Chateau is blessed with its enviable location, halfway between Bordeaux and Toulouse in the heart of Gascony and near enough to both the Dordogne and the Lot-et-Garonne.
This listed ‘Monument Historique’ was once an ancient fortress before becoming an Italian palace in the 17th century. Now it provides a setting full of elegant charm and authenticity where guests are treated to ancient stone arches and a majestic courtyard.
The 25 acres of private parkland are rich with 18th and 19th-century plantations of Lebanese and Atlas cedar, cypress, oak, Siberian elm and no less than 100 different essences to discover hidden away in the vast grounds.
The south terrace boasts unrivalled panoramic views over the magical rural landscape and the bedrooms in 'the Logis' offer views over the valley.
Accommodation at Cedar Chateau consists of two charming guest houses which accommodate up to 24 guests in 12 bedrooms with 8 bathrooms. These comfortable guest houses are full of warm and authentic features such as exposed beams, large fireplaces and terracotta and wooden floors.
The first guest house has 8 large bedrooms, with spectacular views, for up to 16 guests and 6 bathrooms, a fully equipped kitchen and spacious living room. The second is ideal for a family with young children as it sleeps 8 plus a baby in 4 bedrooms. Similarly, this house is furnished with a fully equipped kitchen, a large living room with fireplace, private parking and a covered terrace. The two properties share a beautiful saltwater swimming pool, with ample terrace and barbecue area.
Last but not least, guests at Cedar Chateau have access to a fantastic tennis court and a private fishing lake. There is also a boules pitch, table tennis, table football, badminton and swings, perfect to keep the little ones entertained.
The local villages are abundant with treasures including moonlit markets and Sunday antique and flea-markets. They also boast a delicious selection of locally produced cheeses, foie-gras, wine and Armagnac, with countless vineyards to visit and gastronomic festivals to attend.
For a more active holiday, canoeing, archery, accrobranche, tennis, horse riding and golf are all available nearby and the Landes Forest is ideal for a day of hiking or cycling; making Cedar Chateau perfect for all the family.
The area is steeped in history, with the Séviac Gallo-roman villa (the largest in Europe) only a short drive away, a fortified village and Henri IV Chateau a little further.
Cedar Chateau offers a magical setting rich in beauty, nature and history for the perfect holiday or celebration.
Facilities and Features
In addition to the two guest houses, guests will also have access to a large reception room with kitchen corner for dining, for up to 24 guests.
On the estate and entirely separate, is also another cottage with its own private swimming pool, garden, entrance and parking area which is rented out independently by the owners.
1) The 'Logis' (16 pax)
2) The 'Maison' (8 pax)
This guesthouse consists of 8 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms for 16 guests (plus 2 babies) with fabulous views onto the valley from the bedrooms.
- Private courtyard garden
- Large loggia
- Fully equipped kitchen with an American breakfast bar and dining table for up to 16 guests. Dishwasher, microwave, oven, hob, fridge, freezer, coffee machine.
- Spacious living room
- Chambre Claude: twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Chambre Odile: twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom (disabled access)
- Chambre Valentine: double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Guest WC
- Chambre Haute (Bridal Suite): double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Chambre Philippine: twin bedroom with shared bathroom
- Chambre Athénaïs: twin bedroom with shared bathroom
- Chambre Henri: twin bedroom with shared bathroom
- Chambre Marie: twin bedroom with shared bathroom
This charming cottage is located in the parkland with views of the chateau and can welcome up to 8 guests (plus 1 baby) in 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Private garden
- Private terrace
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, oven, hob, fridge, freezer, coffee machine and dining table for up to 8 guests.
- Living room with fireplace
- Laundry room
- Bathroom with separate WC
- Double bedroom
- Twin bedroom
- Twin bedroom
- Twin bedroom
- Family bathroom with separate WC
Additional facilities per guest house:
- Washing machine & tumble dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Salt-water swimming pool (8x12m / depth: 1.40-2.5m), open (subject to change) 9.00-12.00/14.00-18.00
The swimming pool is located to the front of the estate and is for the exclusive use of the guests in the two guest houses (on occasion, the owners of the château may also use it).
- Poolside terrace
- Off-road parking
Chateau grounds (shared by all three guest houses and the owners):
- Vast gardens and parkland
- Children's swings
- Tennis court
- Table tennis
- Petanque court
- Table football
- Fishing lake (800m from the chateau and on request)
- The chateau owners live discreetly and respectfully in their own residence on the estate grounds
- The chateau has six outstanding reception areas which remain closed, however they can be booked separately and at an extra charge for events or for extra space for a gathering
- The chateau and its reception areas can be booked for weddings and events, however events will not take place when guests book the two guest houses as holiday accommodation
- Being a 'Monument Historique', the Chateau is occasionally open for small guided tours of the grounds and in particular the spectacular reception areas which are rich with antiques, oil paintings and grand fireplaces.
- Private Villa
- Tennis Court
- Private Pool
- Un-overlooked Pool
- 6+ Bedrooms
- 4+ Bathrooms
- Games Room
- Private Parking
- BBQ Area
- Table Tennis
- Golf Nearby
- Spacious garden
- Event Venue
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
Local to the chateau is the small market village of Mezin where you will find a fortified church and a weekly Sunday market. The main town to visit is Agen with its lively streets with plenty of shopping opportunities and pavement cafes to simply relax and watch life pass you by. The surrounding area also boasts several of France's most beautiful villages which are certainly worth a visit.
Nearest Airport: Pau-Bergerac/Bordeaux/Toulouse (110/145/145km)
Nearest Train Station: Agen (TGV) (45km)
Nearest Supermarket: Lavardac (20km)
Nearest Golf: Le Golf D'Albret(19km)
Nearest Restaurant: (1km)
Nearest Bar/Pub: Mezin (4km)
Nearest Village: Mezin (6km)
Nearest Shop: Mezin (4km)
Nearest Tennis: On Site
Nearest Beach: Bay of Biscay (140km)
The pace of life in the Dordogne is languid, laid back and positively infectious. Relax in bucolic beauty as you drift along the Dordogne River, or wander among the forests and hillside of the Périgord Natural Park.
The foodie scene too, is a relaxed affair. Take your time over your lazy lunches of local duck, black truffles and goats cheese. If you’re feeling energetic, you can even hunt for them yourself. The wine here is second to none, with infamous grapes like Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Chenin Blanc all having a huge presence here.
The Dordogne is also brimming with history. Castles and chateaux are scattered throughout the region, among the enchanting medieval villages. History of an altogether more ancient sort can also be explored in the incredible prehistoric cave drawings of Lascaux and Grotte de Rouffignac.
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|01 Jan 2022 - 30 Dec 2022||£9190|
|31 Dec 2022 - 29 Dec 2023||£9190|
|31 Dec 2022 - 29 Dec 2023||£9190|
|30 Dec 2023 - 27 Dec 2024||£9190|
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: £2500.00
- Can be booked for 4, 5 or 7 night stays or 3 nights for weddings. Wednesday or Thursday for weekly rentals (weekend included). Flexible for weddings. Please enquire as to price.
- Bed linen, Bath & Pool towels provided.
- End of stay clean 400€.
- Tourist tax: 0,50€ per night per adult to be paid locally
- Ideal for babies, toddlers, kids and teens.
- 3 cots and 3 highchairs are provided free of charge.
KIDS ACTIVITIES CLOSE-BY
- Horse Riding
- Outdoor Pursuit & Activities
- Tourist Towns & Villages
- Tennis Court
- Table Tennis
- Table Football
- Chef/Cook Available
- Maid Service Available