Chateau des Cevennes - CEV101OL
Prices from £9,153 - £9,336
Sleeps: 18 Bedrooms: 11
This graceful château was built in 1575 and has three stunningly beautiful towers with impressive turrets. Château des Cevennes is set in a lovely 5 acre park in the Cevennes mountains, and enjoys the river Luech flowing lazily along its boundaries. A fairytale chateau that'll leave a lasting impression on old and young visitors alike - but especially kids, thanks to its Disney-like appearance! 10 bedrooms/7 bathrooms. Sleeps up to 18.
About Chateau des Cevennes
This graceful, Disney-style chateau was built in 1575 and has three stunningly beautiful towers with impressive turrets. Stay here in Baronial style and imagine life 500 years ago when the suits of armour to be found decorating the chateau were used as protection, not as decoration!
Chateau des Cevennes is set in a lovely 5 acre park in the Cevennes mountains, and enjoys the river Luech flowing lazily along its boundaries. Nimes airport is just over one hour drive away (and the drive itself is incredibly scenic!) and the train station to the Montpellier coast and Paris is only a 15 minute walk away.
There is a substantial terrace around the chateau which is perfect for dining, and in the beautiful park-style grounds you'll find a large heated outdoor swimming pool area with cuisine d’ete, a terrace for BBQs and a changing room.
Chateau des Cevennes is within a minute's walk of a charmingly beautiful village with adjacent tennis court, shopping facilities, bars and restaurants. There are also many beautiful walks and drives to enjoy in the surrounding area which is also a haven for foodies - it's renowned for its wild boar, chestnuts and mushrooms. There's more than ample parking space for everyone too.
In terms of outdoor activities, the chateau couldn't be in a better spot - it's 20 mins away from skiing, 30 mins away from a reservoir for watersports and the cycling and hiking possibilities on your doorstep are endless. There's an amazing fete every weekend during the summer, which really should not to be missed!
The chateau is set in 2.2 hectares and consists formal gardens and swimming pool area, including a paddling area for children. The river Le Luech runs along one boundary and is bounded by hills and a brook on the other sides.
The pool area comprises:
- Swimming pool (size: 16m x 6m and can be heated at additional cost)
- Kitchen (Cuisine d’ete) with dishwasher
- Barbecue Area
- Changing room
- Covered pergola/eating area
- Plant room (out of bounds)
(Note: the attic roof space on the third floor is not accessible)
Facilities and Features
- The Garden room (Guardian's Office)
- Le Bureau and Boutique
- Entrance hall which doubles as a comfortable parlour with large settees.
- Main Kitchen
- Vaulted sitting room with huge working open fireplace and dining area (seats 12) and can accommodate 18 if needed for banquets etc.
- Grand Salon
- Utility Room
- Large terrace with outside dining table is shaded by a magnolia tree and views over the pool and grounds.
NB: Even though the chateau has 11 bedrooms, only 5 are standalone rooms and 3 are 'family rooms,' where the second room can only be accessed by walking through the first. As the name suggests, this does make them great for families!
- Master Bedroom 'La Roseraie': 4 poster bed (190x200cm), walk-in closet, en-suite bathroom with tub, walk-in shower shower and twin basins (separate toilet and bidet)
- Bedroom 2 'Cyrus room': double bed (140x190cm)
- Bedroom 3 'Emile's room': tower room with single 4 poster bed (105x180cm)
- Bathroom with bathtub, basin and toilet (shared between bedrooms 2 and 3)
- Bedroom 4 'Eliane's room': Toile de Jouy-themed twin bedroom (each bed 90x180cm) with en-suite bathroom with walk in shower, toilet and basin
- Laundry Room
- Bedroom 5 'La Chambre Bleue': double bed (140x190cm) with en-suite bathroom with bathtub, bidet, toilet and basin
- Bedroom 6 'Les Arums': double bed (140x190cm) with en-suite bathroom with bathtub, bidet, toilet and basin
- Bedroom 7 'Les Grandes Fleurs': double bed (160x 200cm) with en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower and twin basin
- Bedroom 8 'La Mouette': tower twin bedroom (each bed 90x180cm which can be put together) off bedroom 7
- Separate toilet (shared between bedrooms 7 and 8)
- Bedroom 9 'La Moderne': 2 single beds (each bed 90x180cm which can be put together) set as sofa, library and comfortable space
- Bedroom 10 'La Petite Toile': Toile de Jouy-themed with twin beds (120x185cm)
- Bedroom 11 'La Loge' room: single sofa bed, tea/coffee space, private access through stairs leading down from the Painting Gallery
- Bathroom with bathtub, toilet and basin (shared between rooms 9, 10 and 11)
- Private Pool
- Heated Pool
- 6+ Bedrooms
- 4+ Bathrooms
- Private Parking
- Satellite TV
- BBQ Area
- Table Tennis
- Pet Friendly
- Child Friendly
- Easy Walk to Shops
- Golf Nearby
- Watersports Nearby
- Spacious garden
- Event Venue
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
There are two 18-hole golf courses within an hour's drive towards Nimes, and you'll also find a 9-hole golf course not too far from Villefort (approximately 30 minutes' drive away). The area also has excellent trout fishing and there are several stocked lakes for children. The newly refurbished tennis court is only 5 minutes' walk away if you feel the need for a more intense workout.
The whole area is adjacent to the Cevennes National Park, which is renowned for its beautiful scenery and rivers - here you'll find an abundance of walks through unspoiled countryside. There is skiing in the Cevennes at nearby Mas de la Barque and Mont Aigaoul – ski de fond (cross country) is the most common way to enjoy the area, with a little downhill and tobogganing also available. It's 30-40 mins drive to skiing at Mas de la Barque, and the reservoir at Villefort is 30 mins drive away and offers a huge range of outdoor activities including pedalo hiring, kayaks, sailing boats, mountaineering, canyoning and potholing.
Flights - The chateau is one hour's drive from Nimes (Garons) airport (Ryanair from Luton and East Midlands), or 1½ hours from Montpellier (Ryanair from Stansted or Easyjet from Gatwick), or 1¾ hours from Marseilles (British Airways from Gatwick).
Trains - Eurostar to Lille or Paris and then TGV to Nimes. From Nimes either taxi or train from Nimes to Chamborigaud (which goes on to Clermont Ferrand) – the chateau is a 15 minute walk from the train station.
The area also has its own vineyards and free “degustations” (wine tastings) and tours can easily be arranged. The area is rich in beautiful towns with nearby Uzès and the World Heritage Site of Pont du Gard – the Roman Aquaduct is also within an hour’s drive, and is a must-see if you've a passion for history!
Alès is the nearest large town for shopping, and is situated a 20 minute drive away. It has the usual hypermarkets, ten-pin bowling, cinemas and a hospital. There is also a doctor's surgery in close proximity to the house.
Walking – the estate is bordered by the River Luech and there are some beautiful walks along its banks straight from the chateau grounds. The nearby village of Pont de Rastel is a short walk away, and is also incredible beautiful and perfect for exploring on foot!
As an additional bit of fun for the kids, the chateau has two Go-Karts which can be hired - please enquire for details! Also available is local pony and horse riding for all levels.
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|28 Aug 2021 - 25 Mar 2022||£9153|
|01 Jan 2022 - 24 Jun 2022||£9153|
|25 Jun 2022 - 26 Aug 2022||£9336|
|27 Aug 2022 - 24 Mar 2023||£9153|
|31 Dec 2022 - 23 Jun 2023||£9153|
|24 Jun 2023 - 25 Aug 2023||£9336|
|26 Aug 2023 - 22 Mar 2024||£9153|
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: £3000.00
- Rates based on occupancy of 18 people per week..
- Linen, bath towels and pool towels included.
- Pool heating extra 75€ per day.
- End of stay cleaning included.
- Complimentary mid week cleaning service of the shared spaces and bathrooms.
- 7 night minimum stay. Flexible start dates outside June, July, August, September, Christmas and New Year.
A complimentary mid-week cleaning service of the shared spaces and bathrooms is provided.
Chef/Cook available (at extra cost)
Babysitting service available (at extra cost)
On-site Concierge Service is happy to help with transfers, baby-sitting or even organize a local chef who is available to prepare any meal or even doing all food shopping.
Dogs not allowed inside but there are a large garage and utility room attached, both of which can be used to house a crate for a dog to sleep in.
Special banquets and formal meals with canapés can be arranged.
A strong WiFi connection is only available on the ground floor, though there is good phone signal throughout.
Please note: Even though the chateau has 10 bedrooms, only 5 are stand alone rooms and 3 are 'family rooms,' where the second room can only be accessed by walking through the first. As the name suggests, this does make them great for families!
The chateau has a full time guardian couple, Elodie and Edward and their two children, they are on-site in a separate building or at their small holding nearby