Shangri-La - SAUV107
Prices from £1,784 - £2,460
Sleeps: 8 Bedrooms: 4
FLEXIBLE ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE DAYS! Shangri-La is the perfect holiday home for a relaxing and hassle-free family holiday. Located in the centre of the Languedocian village of Sauvian with all amenities on your doorstep and only a 10-minute drive from the Mediterranean beaches. Private heated pool, air conditioning, fibre speed wifi and a fusion of French-Asian decor. Child-friendly. 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (ground floor bedroom and en-suite bathroom), comfortably sleeping 8. Suitable for reduced mobility, but not wheelchairs.
Shangri-La is the ideal villa for families or groups of friends looking for a relaxing and hassle-free holiday, with all amenities right on your doorstep (< 5 min walk) and the beach within 4 miles (10 min by car, direct bus). The village of Sauvian has an exceptional Mediterranean atmosphere, complete with a beautiful palm-tree-lined square; it boasts a supermarket, bakery, butcher, chemist, and several bars and restaurants - all within only a couple of minute's walk from your holiday villa!
As you enter Shangri-La, you step into a beautiful hallway with a wrought-iron staircase. The bright open plan living/dining room looks out onto the private heated swimming pool and garden. French windows open up into the peaceful veranda, where you can slide doors and windows open for al-fresco dining. The separate fully-equipped kitchen offers a spacious haven, ideal for preparing the most exquisite of French dishes and boasting an island with barstools, double sink, Senseo coffee machine and Whirlpool oven, dishwasher, microwave and a washing machine in the downstairs bathroom. Separate toilet under the staircase on the ground floor.
On the ground floor is a King-size (210 x 190) double bedroom with air conditioning, with a brand new en-suite "outdoor-effect" natural stone bathroom with a WC, shower and sink.
On the first floor are 3 bedrooms, all with brand new beds and mattresses and a stunning family bathroom with over-bath rain shower and double sinks. Separate toilet.
- Master (160 x 200) double bedroom with aircon, fitted wardrobe.
- Second bedroom (2 x 90 x 200 twin or double, overlay mattress for your comfort) with fan and fitted wardrobe.
- Third bedroom (2 x 90 x 190 twin or double, overlay mattress for your comfort) with fan and balcony.
All bedroom windows have brand new beds and mattresses, fans, mosquito screens and electric shutters.
The South-East-facing garden is a true gem, a haven of peace and quiet in the heart of the village. The private heated swimming pool (9mx5m, depth up to 1.6m) with Roman steps access offers an unrivalled place to relax and play. Surrounded by beautiful plants and flowers, you will feel a million miles away whilst you relax on the sunbeds on the terrace or the deck, under that wonderful Southern French sun. There is a shaded lounge area to submerge in that book you've been longing to read or to sit together for an evening under the stars with loved ones. The swimming pool can be heated upon request, please enquire.
Facilities and Features
- Entrance hall with wrought-iron staircase and coat hangers.
- Open-plan lounge and dining room with 8 seater handmade wooden dining table, TV with Google Chrome Cast (don't forget your Netflix password!) and French channels, brand new 4-seater sofa and armchair, as well as air conditioning. Windows to the outside have shutters and insect screens.
- Fully equipped kitchen with vitro-ceramic electric hob, double sinks, Senseo coffee machine and Whirpool oven, microwave, and dishwasher.
- Washing machine in ground floor bathroom.
- Separate toilet.
- Bedroom 1 with King-sized bed (210 x 190) with air conditioning, a brand new en-suite "outdoor-effect" natural stone bathroom with a WC, shower and sink.
- Bedroom 2 (Master) with King-size bed (160 x 200), fitted wardrobes, air conditioning, window with electric shutters and insect screen.
- Bedroom 3 with twin beds (2 x 90 x 200) that can be converted into a large double bed with double layover mattress for your comfort, fitted wardrobes, fan, window with electric shutters and insect screen.
- Bedroom 4 with twin beds (2 x 90 x 190) that can be converted into a large double bed with double layover mattress for your comfort, fan, French doors with electric shutters and insect screen opening up onto a balcony with little table and chairs.
- Family bathroom with bath with shower attachment (and rain shower attachment), double sinks and plenty of storage and towel space.
- Private heated swimming pool (9mx5m) with steps access. Depth up to 1,60m. Heating upon request, extra charge applies.
- Air conditioning (downstairs living/dining room and upstairs master bedroom)
- Electric shutters and insect screens (on most doors and windows)
- Fibre speed wifi internet
- Google Chrome Cast (Netflix, streaming)
- French TV channels
- Suitable for reduced mobility, but not wheelchairs.
- Garage/Private/Secure/Street parking
- Please enquire regarding pets
- No smoking (outside only)
- Washing machine
- Private Villa
- Private Pool
- Heated Pool
- Secure fenced pool
- Un-overlooked Pool
- 2+ Bedrooms
- 4+ bedrooms
- 2+ Bathrooms
- Private Parking
- Secure Parking
- Street Parking
- BBQ Area
- Table Tennis
- No Smoking
- Child Friendly
- Suitable for reduced mobility
- Easy Walk to Shops
- Golf Nearby
- Watersports Nearby
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
With palm-tree lined streets and plenty to do, this is the ideal holiday location for people of all ages that are looking for a relaxing holiday with all amenities on their doorstep. There is a small supermarket in the centre of the village; the next village (less than 5 minutes away) has a Lidl, Aldi, Hypermarché and more. The main square is just around the corner of the house and boasts a bar, a brilliant restaurant that comes highly recommended, a tattoo parlour and a hairdresser. Just around the corner of the main square, you'll find more bars, a couple of pizza restaurants, a florist, a Tabac, a post-office (with ATM), a Mairie, a great boulangerie (we recommend the almond croissants!), a park with a playground for children, a butchers, a gym, a chemist and a doctor's surgery. Just a bit further are tennis courts and pétanque courts, all within easy walking distance of Shangri-La.
Children can play in the local park while teenagers can join the local skateboarders of the village. Adults can relax on the terrace of one of the multiple bars, or you can attend one of the many events that Sauvian has throughout the summer. Don't miss out on the weekly market!
Béziers is only 10 minutes away and is a must-see with cobble-stoned roads winding all around the historic centre and the city's landmark cathedral. Full of bars, restaurants, ice cream vendors and many shops. Visit Le Vieux Liège for a delicious 3-course meal, or dance the night away in Le Chameau Ivre overlooking the dancing fountains.
If you're looking for a bit of shopping, head to Le Polygone in Béziers, a beautiful shopping centre with a cinema and bowling alley on the top floor, countless high street shops, as well as a huge array of restaurants - sushi, Italian, tapas, burgers, crêpes - you name it, they've got it.
Other highlights in Béziers include the Canal du Midi, various nightclubs, shopping opportunities and beautiful parks that you'll find yourself not wanting to leave.
Other easy to reach villages and towns that are well worth a visit include Pézenas, Narbonne, Puisserguier, Colombiers, Sérignan, Valras, Cessenon-sur-Orb, Roquebrun and much more.
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|21 May 2022 - 24 Jun 2022||£1784|
|25 Jun 2022 - 26 Aug 2022||£2460|
|27 Aug 2022 - 14 Oct 2022||£1784|
|20 May 2023 - 23 Jun 2023||£1784|
|24 Jun 2023 - 25 Aug 2023||£2460|
|26 Aug 2023 - 13 Oct 2023||£1784|
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: £600.00
- FLEXIBLE ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE DAYS!
- Linen, towels and end of stay clean included. 1 set of bedding per bed per stay, 1 towel pack per person consisting of a large bath towel, a small bath towel and a pool towel. Washing machine available.
- Pool heating optional, extra charge of €150 per week.
- Stay tax of €1 per night for all guests 18+.
- There are plenty of parking options; make use of the double garage that can fit one car; park directly outside the house within the semi-private drive, or use the abundance of free parking located all around the village (within a couple of minutes walk).
- All bedrooms are equipped with brand new beds and mattresses, electric shutters, mosquito screens and fans (master bedroom and ground floor bedroom have air conditioning).
- There is a day-care centre for children within the village, available by reservation.
- One set of linen and towels provided for each person/bed per stay (more on request at extra cost).
- Washing machine, dishwasher, new smoke detectors, fire extinguisher and first aid kit all provided, as well as a few basic cleaning supplies if needed.
- Welcome pack on arrival!
- One of the neighbours is a retired "Vigneron", so there is some light activity in September only.
We had a great time at the villa! Location is great, touristic attractions nearby, shops, cafés and restaurant close by too. We really enjoyed having our own swimming pool too. Gina and sander were such wonderful hosts.- Annie H. July 2020
We had a wonderful stay at the villa - it was well equipped and lovely and quiet. It felt very private and had everything we needed. Would highly recommend.- Julia M. August 2020
Location tout à fait conforme à l'annonce. La maison est décorée avec soin, il y a tout ce qu'il faut. Les propriétaires sont agréables, à l'écoute et très disponibles si besoin.
Rental fully consistent with the announcement. The house is decorated with care, there is everything you need. The owners are pleasant, attentive and very available if needed.
We would like to thank you for your hospitality and knowledge of the local area. We've had a great holiday, just what was needed before we all return to our busy lives. To the good folk reading this, we highly recommend the Le Mistral restaurant in the next village, fantastic food at a reasonable price. It'll be interesting to see what you've achieved here in a years time. Whatever it is, we're sure it'll be fantastic. 31st August - 13th September 2019
We have enjoyed our two week stay at Shangri-La. Despite being so central to the village, the house is quiet and not overlooked. We've enjoyed many BBQs sat outside in the evenings. We highly recommend the local bakery and picked up tasty french bread there daily. We particularly enjoyed the beach at Valras Plage and went there most days. Serignan is just a 30 minute stroll through the houses/vines and we went a few evenings to eat there, enjoying an ice cream for the journey back! Thank you for your helpfulness and always being contactable! 17th August - 31st August 2019
We have had a lovely relaxing time at your lovely house. The area is perfect and quiet. The owners have made us feel very welcome and very helpful when we have needed. Really nice people! We can recommend the local bakery and have been every morning for breakfast and fresh bread. The children have had a great time in the pool, your outside space is great. We visited the beach and had a great day out finished with ice cream...yum! Thank you so much for your kindness and hospitality, we hope to see you again! 11th August - 17th August 2019