Shangri-La - SAUV107
Prices from €1,719 - €2,938
Sleeps: 8 Bedrooms: 4
Shangri-La is the perfect holiday home for a relaxing and hassle-free family holiday. Located in the centre of the Languedocian village of Sauvian with all amenities on your doorstep and only a 10-minute drive from the Mediterranean beaches. Private heated pool, air conditioning, and fiber internet. 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (ground floor bedroom and en-suite bathroom), comfortably sleeping 8. Child-friendly. Suitable for reduced mobility, but not wheelchairs. Pool heating optional, at an extra cost.
Shangri-La is the ideal villa for families or groups of friends looking for a relaxing and hassle-free holiday, with all amenities right on your doorstep (< 5 min walk) and the beach within 4 miles (10 min by car, direct bus). The village of Sauvian has an exceptional Mediterranean atmosphere, complete with a beautiful palm-tree-lined square; it boasts a supermarket, bakery, butcher, chemist, and several bars and restaurants - all within only a few minutes walk from your holiday villa!
The South-East-facing garden is a true gem, a haven of peace and quiet in the heart of the village. The private heated swimming pool (9m x 4.5m, depth 1.4m to 1.6m) with Roman steps access offers an unrivaled place to relax and play. Surrounded by beautiful plants and flowers, you will feel a million miles away whilst you relax on the sunbeds on the terrace or the sun deck, under that wonderful Southern French sun. There is a shaded lounge area to submerge in that book you've been longing to read or to sit together for an evening under the stars with loved ones. The swimming pool can be heated upon request for an extra charge of €150 per week, please enquire.
As you enter Shangri-La, you step into a lovely hallway with a wrought-iron staircase. The bright open-plan living/dining room looks out onto the private heated swimming pool and garden. French windows open up into the peaceful veranda, where you can slide doors and windows open for al-fresco dining. The separate fully-equipped kitchen offers a spacious haven, ideal for preparing the most exquisite of French dishes, and boasts an island with barstools, fridge-freezer, ceramic hob (4 rings), double sink, Senseo coffee machine, oven, dishwasher, and microwave. There is a separate toilet under the staircase on the ground floor. There is a washing machine in the utility room.
On the ground floor is a King-size (180 x 190) double bedroom with air conditioning, with a new en-suite "outdoor-effect" natural stone bathroom with a WC, shower, and sink.
On the first floor are 3 bedrooms and a lovely family bathroom with an over-bath rain shower and double sinks. Separate toilet.
- Double bedroom (160 x 200) double bedroom with aircon, fan, and a fitted wardrobe.
- Double bedroom (180 x 200) with fan and fitted wardrobe.
- Twin bedroom (2 x 90 x 190) with fan, storage unit, and balcony.
All bedrooms have fans, mosquito screens, and electric shutters.
Facilities and Features
- Table tennis
- Easy walk to shops (<15 mins)
- Un-overlooked pool
- Suitable for reduced mobility
- Private pool
- Heatable pool
- Secure fenced pool
- Private parking
- Golf nearby
- Watersports nearby
- Family friendly
- Street parking
- Entrance hall with wrought-iron staircase and coat hangers.
- Open-plan lounge and dining room with 8 seater handmade wooden dining table, smart TV and French channels, 4-seater sofa, and armchair, as well as air conditioning.
- Fully equipped kitchen with fridge-freezer, vitro-ceramic electric hob (4 rings), double sink, Senseo coffee machine, oven, microwave, and dishwasher.
- Washing machine in ground floor utility room.
- Separate toilet.
- Bedroom 1 with King-sized bed (180 x 190) with air conditioning, and en-suite "outdoor-effect" natural stone bathroom with a WC, shower, and sink.
- Bedroom 2 with King-size bed (160 x 200), fitted wardrobes, air conditioning, fan, window with electric shutters, and insect screen.
- Bedroom 3 with double bed (180 x 200) with fitted wardrobes, fan, window with electric shutters, and insect screen.
- Bedroom 4 with twin beds (2 x 90 x 190) with storage unit, fan, French doors with electric shutters, and insect screen opening up onto a balcony. The doors to the balcony have a child safety latch.
- Family bathroom with bath with (rain) shower attachment, double sinks, and plenty of storage and towel space.
- Private heated swimming pool (9m x 4.5m, depth 1.4m to 1.6m) with steps access. Depth up to 1,60m. Heating upon request, an extra charge of €150 per week applies.
- Air conditioning (downstairs living/dining room/bedroom and upstairs master bedroom).
- Electric shutters and insect screens (on most doors and windows).
- Fans in all bedrooms.
- Fiber speed wifi internet.
- Smart TV with access to French TV channels as well Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, etc. (don't forget your password).
- Suitable for reduced mobility, but not wheelchairs.
- Private parking spot for one car in front of the house.
- Child-friendly, the pool is gated and a cot and high chair are available.
- Pets might be accepted on request.
- No smoking inside the house (outside only).
- Washing machine available.
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
With palm-tree-lined streets and plenty to do, this is the ideal holiday location for people of all ages that are looking for a relaxing holiday with all amenities on their doorstep. There is a small supermarket in the centre of the village; and a larger G20 supermarket at the entrance of the village. Nearby Serignan (less than 5 minutes away) has a Lidl, Aldi, Hypermarché, and more. The main square is just around the corner from the house and boasts a bar, a good restaurant, a tattoo parlour, and a hairdresser. Just around the corner of the main square, you'll find more bars, a couple of pizza restaurants, a florist, a Tabac, a post-office (with ATM), a Mairie, a great boulangerie (we recommend the almond croissants!), a park with a playground for children, a butcher, a gym, a chemist and a doctor's surgery. Just a bit further are tennis courts and pétanque courts, all within easy walking distance of Shangri-La.
Children can play in the local park with a playground while teenagers can join the hustle and bustle of Béziers or Valras Plage independently by bus. Adults can relax on the terrace of one of the multiple bars, or you can attend one of the many events that Sauvian has throughout the summer. Don't miss out on the weekly market!
Béziers is only 10 minutes away and is a must-see with cobble-stoned roads winding all around the historic centre and the city's landmark cathedral. Full of bars, restaurants, ice cream vendors, and many shops.
If you're looking for a bit of shopping, head to Le Polygone in Béziers, a beautiful shopping centre with a cinema and bowling alley on the top floor, countless high street shops, as well as a huge array of restaurants - sushi, Italian, tapas, burgers, crêpes - you name it, they've got it.
Other highlights in Béziers include the Canal du Midi and the Neuf Ecluses de Fonseranes (The Nine Locks of Fonserane), various nightclubs, shopping opportunities, and beautiful parks that you'll find yourself not wanting to leave.
Other easy-to-reach villages and towns that are well worth a visit include Pézenas, Narbonne, Montpellier, Gruissan, Sète, Marseillan, Mèze, Roquebrun, Minerve, and much more.
There are plenty of activities to do in the area, from watersports to karting, paintball to ice skating. The area has a lot of natural beauty and offers many trails for walking or hiking in the mountains, through the vineyards, or along the coast.
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|11 May 2024 - 31 May 2024||€1719|
|01 Jun 2024 - 21 Jun 2024||€1994|
|22 Jun 2024 - 12 Jul 2024||€2563|
|13 Jul 2024 - 23 Aug 2024||€2938|
|24 Aug 2024 - 06 Sep 2024||€2563|
|07 Sep 2024 - 20 Sep 2024||€1994|
|21 Sep 2024 - 04 Oct 2024||€1719|
|Item||Cost||Per||Optional/ Mandatory||Payment Due|
|End of stay cleaning fee||€120||Per Booking||Mandatory||With Balance|
|Pool heating||€150||Per Week||Optional||With Balance|
|Tourist tax||€2||Per Person Per Day||Mandatory||With Balance|
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: €600.00
- Linen and towels included; beds are made on arrival. 1 set of bedding per bed per stay, 1 towel pack per person consisting of a large bath towel, a small bath towel, and a pool towel (fouta). Linen is not changed for bookings of more than one week. Washing machine available.
- The house is tucked away in the centre of the village, in a small one-way street/drive. This makes it a very peaceful getaway as the house isn't located directly next to a road and the surrounding roads are one-way and of a maximum speed of 30 km/h. This is also great for small children. The garden is unoverlooked.
- There is a private parking spot (one car) directly in front of the house on the semi-private drive. There is plenty of free street parking within a few minutes walk from the house.
- All bedrooms are equipped with electric shutters, mosquito screens, and fans. The master bedroom and ground floor bedroom have air conditioning.
- Smoke detectors, fire extinguisher, and first aid kit available, as well as basic cleaning supplies.
- Pool heating is optional, at an extra charge of €150 per week. Depending on the weather, we aim to maintain a pool temperature of 28 degrees Celsius.
- One of the neighbours is a retired "Vigneron", so there may be some light farming activity; mainly during the September harvest.
- Depending on what you want to do during your holiday, a car is not necessary. All basic amenities are within easy walking distance of the house. You can walk to the nearby village of Sérignan (20-30 minute walk) for a larger choice of bars and restaurants. There is a direct bus from Sauvian to nearby Valras-Plage and Béziers; both are around 15 minutes away by bus depending on traffic. From Béziers, you can further explore by bus and train. The area is also relatively flat which makes cycling a popular way to get around to nearby beaches and villages. There are several bike rental options in Valras-Plage.
Sue M. | September, 2023
Gina and Sander have created a beautiful home right in the heart of the village of Sauvian. The welcoming chilled wine and apero treats were a nice touch and the house was equipped with everything we could possibly need for an enjoyable stay. The pool area is particularly attractive and totally private, a great place to relax after a day spent visiting the many attractions the area has to offer. The village had more amenities than we were expecting and being able to walk to the boulangerie for our morning baguette was great. A week wasn't long enough to see all there is to see in this very interesting area so we may have to stay again!
Angharad C. | September, 2023
We had a lovely stay at Gina and Sander's house and cannot recommend it enough to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in this area. We had excellent communication and helpful tips and recommendations for our stay. The house and outside area were exactly as the photos showed. The local village is very nice, it has local amenities within a short walking distance and anything additional was only a short drive away. It's a brilliant location with lots of day trips that are easy to reach, as well as some lovely local beaches. We would love to stay again, thank you so much to Gina and Sander!
Katherine B. | August, 2023
We had a wonderful time!
Absolutely beautiful villa, which felt private and tucked away despite being in a small town. The villa’s is well equipped with lovely decor. It is a good size with lots of areas to sit and eat. Great pool which we had hours of fun in. Supermarket and beach are within 10 mins drive. A Boulangerie, pharmacy, bar and an excellent restaurant are all within a couple of minutes walk. Gina and Sander were fantastic hosts, who kept in regular touch but weren’t intrusive. We were welcomed by some lovely local treats too enjoy and even a birthday card for one of our party. We can’t thank they enough. We would love to come back and continue exploring the area.
Beki O. | August, 2023
We loved every minute!
The villa was stunning! The pool, the space, the area was all amazing. We loved that it felt secluded and safe. The kids loved the pool (as we did). The bedrooms, the living space and the kitchen were all immaculate and so homely. We loved every minute!
Kristof V. | July, 2023
We enjoyed a nice holiday in the beautiful house of Gina and Sander. The house is ideally located, close to beautiful locations. Gina and Sander also gave good tips from fun trips. They were very easily accessible and went above and beyond to make it as comfortable as possible for us. Highly recommended
Jelle F. | July, 2023
A very nice house in a cozy village. Everything is available to make it a nice holiday. Lots of attractions in the neighborhood (Narbonne, Beziers, Montpellier,…)