Shangri-La - SAUV107
Prices from £1,784 - £2,460
Sleeps: 8 Bedrooms: 4
Shangri-La is the perfect holiday home for a relaxing and hassle-free family holiday. Located in the centre of the Languedocian village of Sauvian with all amenities on your doorstep and only a 10-minute drive from the Mediterranean beaches. Private heated pool, air conditioning, and fiber internet. 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (ground floor bedroom and en-suite bathroom), comfortably sleeping 8. Child-friendly. Suitable for reduced mobility, but not wheelchairs. Pool heating optional, at an extra cost.
Shangri-La is the ideal villa for families or groups of friends looking for a relaxing and hassle-free holiday, with all amenities right on your doorstep (< 5 min walk) and the beach within 4 miles (10 min by car, direct bus). The village of Sauvian has an exceptional Mediterranean atmosphere, complete with a beautiful palm-tree-lined square; it boasts a supermarket, bakery, butcher, chemist, and several bars and restaurants - all within only a couple of minute's walk from your holiday villa!
As you enter Shangri-La, you step into a beautiful hallway with a wrought-iron staircase. The bright open plan living/dining room looks out onto the private heated swimming pool and garden. French windows open up into the peaceful veranda, where you can slide doors and windows open for al-fresco dining. The separate fully-equipped kitchen offers a spacious haven, ideal for preparing the most exquisite of French dishes and boasting an island with barstools, double sink, Senseo coffee machine and Whirlpool oven, dishwasher, microwave. Separate toilet under the staircase on the ground floor. There is a washing machine in the utility room.
On the ground floor is a King-size (210 x 190) double bedroom with air conditioning, with a new en-suite "outdoor-effect" natural stone bathroom with a WC, shower and sink.
On the first floor are 3 bedrooms and a lovely family bathroom with over-bath rain shower and double sinks. Separate toilet.
- Master (160 x 200) double bedroom with aircon, fitted wardrobe.
- Double bedroom (180 x 200) with fan and fitted wardrobe. This room could exceptionally be used as a twin bedroom with two single beds (2 x 90 x 200).
- Twin bedroom (2 x 90 x 190) with fan and balcony. This room could exceptionally be used as a double bedroom (180 x 190).
All bedrooms have fans, mosquito screens, and electric shutters.
The South-East-facing garden is a true gem, a haven of peace and quiet in the heart of the village. The private heated swimming pool (9mx5m, depth up to 1.6m) with Roman steps access offers an unrivaled place to relax and play. Surrounded by beautiful plants and flowers, you will feel a million miles away whilst you relax on the sunbeds on the terrace or the deck, under that wonderful Southern French sun. There is a shaded lounge area to submerge in that book you've been longing to read or to sit together for an evening under the stars with loved ones. The swimming pool can be heated upon request for an extra charge of £125, please enquire.
Facilities and Features
- Entrance hall with wrought-iron staircase and coat hangers.
- Open-plan lounge and dining room with 8 seater handmade wooden dining table, TV with Google Chrome Cast (don't forget your Netflix password!) and French channels, 4-seater sofa, and armchair, as well as air conditioning.
- Fully equipped kitchen with vitro-ceramic electric hob, double sink, Senseo coffee machine, and Whirpool oven, microwave, and dishwasher.
- Washing machine in ground floor utility room.
- Separate toilet.
- Bedroom 1 with King-sized bed (210 x 190) with air conditioning, and en-suite "outdoor-effect" natural stone bathroom with a WC, shower and sink.
- Bedroom 2 (Master) with King-size bed (160 x 200), fitted wardrobes, air conditioning, window with electric shutters and insect screen.
- Bedroom 3 with double bed (180 x 200) with fitted wardrobes, fan, window with electric shutters, and insect screen.
- Bedroom 4 with twin beds (2 x 90 x 190) with storage unit, fan, French doors with electric shutters, and insect screen opening up onto a balcony.
- Family bathroom with bath with (rain) shower attachment, double sinks, and plenty of storage and towel space.
- Private heated swimming pool (9mx5m) with steps access. Depth up to 1,60m. Heating upon request, extra charge of £125 applies.
- Air conditioning (downstairs living/dining room/bedroom and upstairs master bedroom)
- Electric shutters and insect screens (on most doors and windows)
- Fiber speed wifi internet
- Google Chrome Cast (Netflix, streaming)
- French TV channels
- Suitable for reduced mobility, but not wheelchairs.
- Garage/Private/Secure/Street parking
- Please enquire regarding pets
- No smoking (outside only)
- Washing machine
- Private Villa
- Private Pool
- Heated Pool
- Secure fenced pool
- Un-overlooked Pool
- 2+ Bedrooms
- 4+ bedrooms
- 2+ Bathrooms
- Private Parking
- Secure Parking
- Street Parking
- BBQ Area
- Table Tennis
- No Smoking
- Child Friendly
- Suitable for reduced mobility
- Easy Walk to Shops
- Golf Nearby
- Watersports Nearby
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
With palm-tree lined streets and plenty to do, this is the ideal holiday location for people of all ages that are looking for a relaxing holiday with all amenities on their doorstep. There is a small supermarket in the centre of the village; and a larger G20 supermarket at the entrance of the village. Nearby Serignan (less than 5 minutes away) has a Lidl, Aldi, Hypermarché and more. The main square is just around the corner of the house and boasts a bar, a brilliant restaurant that comes highly recommended, a tattoo parlour and a hairdresser. Just around the corner of the main square, you'll find more bars, a couple of pizza restaurants, a florist, a Tabac, a post-office (with ATM), a Mairie, a great boulangerie (we recommend the almond croissants!), a park with a playground for children, a butchers, a gym, a chemist and a doctor's surgery. Just a bit further are tennis courts and pétanque courts, all within easy walking distance of Shangri-La.
Children can play in the local park while teenagers can join the local skateboarders of the village. Adults can relax on the terrace of one of the multiple bars, or you can attend one of the many events that Sauvian has throughout the summer. Don't miss out on the weekly market!
Béziers is only 10 minutes away and is a must-see with cobble-stoned roads winding all around the historic centre and the city's landmark cathedral. Full of bars, restaurants, ice cream vendors and many shops. Visit Le Vieux Liège for a delicious 3-course meal, or dance the night away in Le Chameau Ivre overlooking the dancing fountains.
If you're looking for a bit of shopping, head to Le Polygone in Béziers, a beautiful shopping centre with a cinema and bowling alley on the top floor, countless high street shops, as well as a huge array of restaurants - sushi, Italian, tapas, burgers, crêpes - you name it, they've got it.
Other highlights in Béziers include the Canal du Midi, various nightclubs, shopping opportunities and beautiful parks that you'll find yourself not wanting to leave.
Other easy to reach villages and towns that are well worth a visit include Pézenas, Narbonne, Puisserguier, Colombiers, Sérignan, Valras, Cessenon-sur-Orb, Roquebrun and much more.
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|25 Jun 2022 - 26 Aug 2022||£2460|
|27 Aug 2022 - 14 Oct 2022||£1784|
|20 May 2023 - 23 Jun 2023||£1784|
|24 Jun 2023 - 25 Aug 2023||£2460|
|26 Aug 2023 - 13 Oct 2023||£1784|
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: £600.00
- Linen, towels, and end of stay clean included. 1 set of bedding per bed per stay, 1 towel pack per person consisting of a large bath towel, a small bath towel and a pool towel. Washing machine available.
- Pool heating optional, extra charge of £125 per week.
- Stay tax of £2 per night for all guests 18+.
- There are plenty of parking options; make use of the garage that can fit one car; park directly outside the house within the semi-private drive (one car), or use the abundance of free parking located all around the village (within a couple of minutes walk).
- All bedrooms are equipped with electric shutters, mosquito screens and fans. The master bedroom and ground floor bedroom have air conditioning.
- There is a day-care centre for children within the village, available by reservation.
- Linen, towels, and end of stay clean included. 1 set of bedding per bed per stay, 1 towel pack per person consisting of a large bath towel, a small bath towel and a pool towel (fouta). Washing machine available. Extra linen/towel pack available on request at an extra cost.
- Washing machine, dishwasher, smoke detectors, fire extinguisher, and first aid kit all provided, as well as basic cleaning supplies if needed.
- Welcome pack on arrival!
- Pool heating is optional, at an extra charge of £125. Depending on the weather, we aim to maintain a pool temperature of 28 degrees celsius.
- One of the neighbours is a retired "Vigneron", so there may be some light farming activity; mainly during the September harvest.
We had an amazing time at the villa. The house has all amenities we could need and is in a perfect location. The pool was perfect for hot summer days. We were a few minutes walk from the supermarket, bakery and bus stop. We did not have a car and found the buses very easy and only cost €1. We could get to the beach or into Beziers in less than 20 minutes. We went paddle boarding down the river and really recommend it as this was very good fun. The hosts were amazing, a text away and gave excellent suggestions and recommendations and helped with anything we needed. We really recommend this villa to everyone and are really hoping we can visit again next year!Katherine M. June 2022
Perfect base to see the surrounding area. Made good use of heated pool. Couple of local bars, patisserie and supermarket. Walked and caught bus to next village a couple of times for great restaurants, and also the beach. Easy quiet roads to drive further afield.- Colin M. May 2022
We spent a week in here and absolutely loved it. The place is spacious and clean. Communication was easy and location is great. We loved the little welcome basket and really enjoyed our time. We will definitely come back!
Heini G. - May 2022
Une véritable maison de vacanses ou l'on sent bien tout de suite. Nous y avons passé une semaine à deux familles (3 adultes et 5 adolescents). La maison est très spacieuse et elle est très agreablement décoré. La piscine et la terrasse invite à la détente et à l'amusement. La maison est vraiment très bien équipée. Il ne manque rien. Gina est adorable, facilement joignable et elle nous a recommandé des adresses au top.
A real holiday home where you feel good right away. We spent a week there with two families (3 adults and 5 teenagers). The house is very spacious and very pleasantly decorated. The swimming pool and the terrace invite you to relax and have fun. The house is really very well equipped. Nothing is missing. Gina is adorable, easily reachable and she recommended top addresses to us.
Nathalie B. July 2021
Notre séjour s'est très bien passé. Le bien correspond parfaitement à la description, il est fonctionnel, bien équipé et joliment décoré. Gina est très réactive et à répondu à chacune de mes demandes. Environnement calme, voisins très discret. Séjour en famille (enfants de 1an et demi et 3 ans) très agréable.
Our stay went very well. The property corresponds perfectly to the description, it is functional, well equipped and nicely decorated. Gina is very responsive and responded to each of my requests. Quiet environment, very discreet neighbors. Family stay (children of 1 year and a half and 3 years old) very pleasant.
- Myriam B June 2021
La maison de Gina et Sander est très belle avec un charme particulier. La maison est accompagnée d'une belle piscine et terrasse ou on peut bien se reposer. Gina était très reactive et toujours là quand on avait besoin de quelque chose! Je peux absolument recommender de passer votre séjour chez eux, vous allez avoir un très beau temps!
Gina and Sander's house is very beautiful with a special charm. The house is accompanied by a beautiful swimming pool and terrace where you can rest well. Gina was very responsive and always there when we needed something! I can absolutely recommend spending your stay with them, you are going to have a great time!
- Liz M June 2021