Shangri-La - SAUV107
Prices from £998 - £1,271
Sleeps: 6 Bedrooms: 3
Shangri-La is the perfect holiday home for a relaxing and hassle-free family holiday. Located in the centre of the Languedocian village of Sauvian with all amenities on your doorstep, and only a 10-minute drive from the Mediterranean beaches. Private heated pool, air conditioning, wifi and a fusion of French-Asian decor. Child-friendly. 3 bedrooms, comfortably sleeping 6. FLEXIBLE ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE DAYS!
Shangri-La is the ideal villa for families or groups of friends looking for a relaxing and hassle-free holiday, with all amenities right on your doorstep (< 5 min walk) and the beach within 4 miles (10 min by car, direct bus). The village of Sauvian has an exceptional Mediterranean atmosphere, complete with palm-tree-lined square and streets; it boasts a supermarket, bakery, butcher, chemist, and several bars and restaurants - all within only a couple of minute's walk from your holiday villa!
As you enter Shangri-La, you step into a beautiful hallway with an iron-wrought staircase. The bright open plan living/dining room looks out onto the private heated swimming pool and garden. French windows open up into the conservatory, where you can slide doors and windows open for al-fresco dining. The separate fully-equipped kitchen offers a spacious haven, ideal for preparing the most exquisite of French dishes and boasting an island with barstools, double sink, Senseo coffee machine and Whirlpool oven, dishwasher, microwave and a washing machine in the attached utility room. Separate toilet under the staircase on the ground floor.
On the first floor are 3 bedrooms all with brand new beds and mattresses, and a stunning family bathroom with over-bath rain shower and double sinks. Separate toilet.
- Master double bedroom with aircon, fitted wardrobe.
- Second bedroom (twin or double, overlay mattress for your comfort) with fan and fitted wardrobe.
- Third bedroom (twin or double, overlay mattress for your comfort) with fan and balcony.
All bedroom windows have brand new beds and mattresses, fans (except in Master bedroom as there is air con in there) mosquito screens and electric shutters.
The South-facing garden has been completely redone in 2019 and is a true gem, a haven of peace and quiet in the heart of the village. The private heated swimming pool (8mx4m, depth up to 1.6m) with Roman steps access offers an unrivalled place to relax and play. Surrounded by beautiful plants and flowers, you will feel a million miles away whilst you relax on the sunbeds on the terrace or the deck, under that wonderful Southern French sun. There is a shaded lounge area to submerge in that book you've been longing to read or to sit together for an evening under the stars with loved ones. The swimming pool can be heated upon request, please enquire.
There is a room attached to the lounge area that is equipped with 2 sofa beds, making a possible 4th bedroom on request and a current second sitting room.
Facilities and Features
- Entrance hall with iron wrought staircase and coat hangers.
- Open-plan lounge and dining room with 8 seater handmade wooden dining table, TV with Google Chrome Cast (don't forget your Netflix password!), brand new 4 seater sofa and armchair, as well as air conditioning. Windows to the outside have shutters and insect screens.
- Fully equipped kitchen with vitro-ceramic electric hob, double sinks, Senseo coffee machine and Whirpool oven, microwave, and dishwasher.
- Washing machine in adjoining utility room.
- Separate toilet.
- Bedroom 1 (Master) with King-size bed (new), fitted wardrobes, air conditioning, window with electric shutters and insect screen.
- Bedroom 2 with twin beds (new) that can be converted into a large double bed with double layover mattress for your comfort, fitted wardrobes, fan, window with electric shutters and insect screen.
- Bedroom 3 with twin beds (new) that can be converted into a large double bed with double layover mattress for your comfort, fan, French doors with electric shutters and insect screen opening up onto a balcony with little table and chairs.
- Family bathroom with bath with shower attachment (and rain shower attachment), double sinks and plenty of storage and towel space.
- Private heated swimming pool (8mx4m) with steps access. Depth up to 1,60m. Heating upon request, extra charge applies.
- Air conditioning (downstairs living/dining room and upstairs master bedroom)
- Electric shutters and insect screens (on most doors and windows)
- Wifi internet
- Google Chrome Cast (Netflix, streaming)
- Garage/Private/Secure/Street parking
- Pets accepted under circumstances (please enquire)
- No smoking (outside only)
- Washing machine
- Private Villa
- Private Pool
- Heated Pool
- Secure fenced pool
- Un-overlooked Pool
- 2+ Bedrooms
- Private Parking
- Secure Parking
- Street Parking
- BBQ Area
- No Smoking
- Child Friendly
- Easy Walk to Shops
- Golf Nearby
- Watersports Nearby
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
With palm-tree lined streets and plenty to do, this is the ideal holiday location for people of all ages that are looking for a relaxing holiday with all amenities on their doorstep. There is a small supermarket in the centre of the village and a larger one on the outskirts. The main square is just around the corner of the house and boasts a bar, a brilliant restaurant, a tattoo parlour and a hairdresser. Just around the corner of the main square, you'll find more bars, a couple of pizza restaurants, a florist, a Tabac, a post-office (with ATM), a Mairie, a great boulangerie (we recommend the almond croissants!), a park with a playground for children, a butchers, a gym, a chemist and a doctor's surgery. Just a bit further are tennis courts and pétanque courts, all within easy walking distance of Shangri-La.
Children can play in the local park while teenagers can join the local skateboarders of the village. Adults can relax on the terrace of one of the multiple bars, or you can attend one of the many events that Sauvian has throughout the summer. Don't miss out on the weekly market!
Béziers is only 10 minutes away and is a must-see with cobble-stoned roads winding all around the historic centre and the city's landmark cathedral. Full of bars, restaurants, ice cream vendors and many shops. Visit Le Vieux Liège for a delicious 3-course meal, or dance the night away in Le Chameau Ivre overlooking the dancing fountains.
If you're looking for a bit of shopping, head to Le Polygone, a beautiful shopping centre with a cinema and bowling alley on the top floor, as well as more restaurants than you can count - sushi, Italian, tapas, burgers, crêpes - you name it, they've got it.
Other highlights in Béziers include the Canal du Midi, various nightclubs, shopping opportunities and beautiful parks that you'll find yourself not wanting to leave.
Other easy to reach villages and towns that are well worth a visit include Pézenas, Narbonne, Puisserguier, Colombiers, Sérignan, Valras, Cessenon-sur-Orb, Roquebrun and much more.
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|25 May 2019 - 12 Jul 2019||£998|
|13 Jul 2019 - 30 Aug 2019||£1271|
|31 Aug 2019 - 18 Oct 2019||£998|
|23 May 2020 - 26 Jun 2020||£998|
|27 Jun 2020 - 28 Aug 2020||£1271|
|29 Aug 2020 - 16 Oct 2020||£998|
30% last minute discount included
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: £600.00
- 30% LAST MINUTE DISCOUNT INCLUDED IN PRICES SHOWING!
- FLEXIBLE ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE DAYS!
- Linen, towels and end of stay clean included.
- Pool heating optional, extra charge of €150 per week.
- There are plenty of parking options; make use of the double garage that can fit one car; park directly outside the house within the semi-private drive, or use the abundance of free parking located all around the village.
- All bedrooms are equipped with brand new beds and mattresses, electric shutters, mosquito screens and fans (master bedroom has air conditioning).
- There is a day-care centre for children within the village, available by reservation.
- Linen and towels provided.
- Washing machine, dishwasher, new smoke detectors, fire extinguisher and first aid kit all provided, as well as a few basic cleaning supplies if needed.
- Welcome pack on arrival!
We stayed in this wonderful house for a few nights early June 2019 and had a great time! It was recently refurbished and done up very tastefully, we very much enjoyed the conservatory and of course the heated pool - bliss at this time of year! The location was great, just around the corner from the main square but very private and quiet at the same time. The village was very charming, we loved la table de charme restaurant - it was also great being able to get our croissants and shopping by foot in the morning. Nearby beaches are wonderful, although the water was freezing when we were there! We definitely recommend this villa!