The Manor of Canet - CANAU102
Prices from €3,744 - €6,875
Sleeps: 14 Bedrooms: 7
SPECIAL OFFER on Dates 23/09/2023 - 21/10/2023. Now just 3000€ per week for 14 guests. The Manor of Canet is a truly beautiful property located in Canet d'Aude in the Languedoc region of the South of France. Boasting 7 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, this property can sleep 15 people. There are an extra 2 bedrooms to sleep a further 4 guests. With extensive grounds, a private and heated swimming pool, activities such as ping pong and billiards, this is the place to be amongst loved ones in the sunny South of France. Facilities include Wifi internet, satellite TV, air conditioning and heating. Highly recommended. Wheelchair inaccessible. Saturday to Saturday bookings only.
About The Manor of Canet
The Manor of Canet is a fully renovated and imposing Belle Epoque Manor House and is the main part of a large former wine-estate sleeping 14 people. For 2 additional bedrooms to sleep 4 extra guests, please enquire. This property is located in the beautiful town of Canet d’Aude in the Languedoc region of the South of France.
Originally built in the 1830’s as a show of influence by one of the wealthiest farmers, landowners and wine and brandy producers in the area, it was later home to the family of the Mayor of Narbonne. It is positioned rurally, on the edge of a thriving village called Canet d’Aude, while still being close to all of the essential services of Lezignan Corbieres and the Cathedral city of Narbonne, with a choice of high quality sandy beaches close by.
The house sits securely behind magnificent cast iron gates, with an imposing façade of golden quarried sandstone, as is the grand curved staircase and balustrade that rises to the front architectural balcony and terrace. This terrace overlooks a walled courtyard and large gravelled entertaining/BBQ area which is furnished with bright contemporary coloured traditional French café-style tables and chairs.
Heavy full weight doors open onto the main entrance hall with its marble staircase and walls, still rendered in the original 1830’s hand-painted trompe l’oeil, giving it an aged marble effect. Either side of the hall are double doors that open into two large and comfortable rooms – the salon and dining room. Each room has high ceilings, ornate mouldings, chandeliers and marble fireplaces, giving you a clear choice of two areas to sit and relax, perhaps for young and old or whatever suits the mood best.
The main hub of the manor is the newly re-fitted dining room and fully equipped French period country-style kitchen below. Through the two double height French doors, you can access the ouside area where you will find that tables and chairs have been provided in order for to enjoy an al fresco dinner spent gazing at the stars. You will also find various terraces, the front courtyard and the large garden.
On the ground floor is a recently refitted contemporary classic French kitchen, complete with satellite TV and access to the outside front courtyard – next to this is a well-stocked Honesty wine cellar/utility room with a washing machine and drying facilities.
Next door to the Kitchen is 'The Games Room' - With a full-size quality Pool table, bar-style Table Football and full-size Ping Pong table - Yippie ! This leads into the newly opened cinema / tv room with comfortable sofas and a drinks making area. Large screen for Netflix and sporting events.
Then to the rear of the property is the ‘Champagne Bar & Wine Makers Barn’. A further fun courtyard space with a Weber BBQ. Essentially a weatherproof exterior covered entertaining space. Trendy chandelier, table and chairs for relaxing or eating dinner al fresco.
On the first floor of the property are four well-proportioned luxury bedroom suites, all with double beds which could be split into two singles if required. Each room has an en-suite bathrooms equipped with Hans Grohe power rain showers and double sinks, space permitting.
On the second floor are three further bedrooms, as well as a large shared family sized WC and shower room with double sinks. One of the bedrooms is arranged as a non-splittable double, the next bedroom is a splittable double and the final bedrooms is a 2-3 bed dormitory, ideal for teens.
To the rear of the property, there is a large shady garden with a large swimming pool. The swimming pool is private, heated and securely fenced with a child’s security barrier. There is a sun terrace, mature fruit trees including figs, olives, cherries, apples and walnuts.
A shallow brook carries all kinds of small fish through the back garden, giving opportunities for a line and hook or bucket for the younger amongst us.
Other activities within the grounds include a hammock, various terraces, bikes for hire and of course, relaxing next to the swimming pool with a good book. From the balcony, you can enjoy the view over the new swimming pool, sun terrace, garden and the shallow brook along with some mature fruit trees.
Facilities and Features
- Satellite TV
- Table tennis
- Easy walk to shops (<15 mins)
- Private pool
- Heatable pool
- Secure fenced pool
- Golf nearby
- Secure parking
- Family friendly
- Games Room
- No pets allowed
- Spacious garden
2 more Bedrooms upon request .
Raised Ground Floor Bedroom 1- 1 king
Master Bedroom – 1 king, 1 baby crib, 1 sofa/futon. All the doubles can be made into large single beds.
Bedroom 3– 1 king (can be split)
Bedroom 4- 1 king (can be split), 1 baby crib.
Bedroom 5 - 1 king, further pop-up single bed on request.
Bedroom 6 - 1 queen (not splittable)
Bedroom 7 - 1 king , 1 twin/single splittable double, works well as a 3-bed dormitory.
Additional 1 or 2 bedrooms for four extra guests possible.
3 pop-up day beds suitable for children are available on request. Each bedroom is finished to a very high standard in the period French decorative style, with many original features including chandeliers, tiled floors and marble fireplaces. All but two of the bedrooms have a large double bed that can be split into two singles (by prior arrangement only due to linen).
Bathroom 1 – toilet & shower en-suite.
Bathroom 2 – toilet & shower luxury en-suite.
Bathroom 3 - toilet & shower luxury en-suite.
Bathroom 4 – toilet & shower luxury en-suite.
Bathroom 5 – toilet, combination tub/shower, additional ground floor luxury bathroom.
Bathroom 6 – toilet & shower.
The luxury en-suite bathrooms are equipped with marble tiles and Hans Grohe fittings. There are double sinks (space permitting) as well as hair dryers and towel drying rails. Towels and floor mats are provided.
- Secure, locked and walled courtyard. Secure undercover bike storage, also.
- Fibre internet.
- Heating: Outside of the main summer season (May to September and whenever needed due to unexpected cold weather). There is an optional weekly charge for the winter heating package, please enquire in advance.
- Linen and towels provided: Professionally laundered bed linen and towels included.
- Washing machine: Located in the utility room.
- Fireplace: Each room has its original and individual Belle Epoque style 1830’s decorative period marble fireplace. They are now all decommissioned in favour of a modern warm air heating system.
- Parking: Plenty of car parking for multiple vehicles across the road.
- Air conditioning: May to September, the Manor is partially air-conditioned. It is not always needed, therefore we choose not to charge all of our guests for it in advance, please enquire in advance with us.
- Internet: Free Fibre wifi.
- Games - Toys for the children and bikes for hire locally. Please book in advance.
- TV: Satellite TV available in two locations with the house, in the Master bedroom and lower ground floor kitchen.
- Books: A large and varied library in both English and French.
- Games room: Football, billiards and ping pong.
- Netflix room - Large screen
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
The house is under a mile from the famous Canal du Midi at Ventenac, praised for its choice of restaurants.
It is close to all essential services at Lezignan Corbieres and the Cathedral city of Narbonne, with its choice of high-quality sandy beaches beyond.
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|16 Dec 2023 - 05 Jan 2024||€4938|
|24 Feb 2024 - 24 May 2024||€4063|
|25 May 2024 - 21 Jun 2024||€4688|
|22 Jun 2024 - 28 Jun 2024||€5938|
|29 Jun 2024 - 30 Aug 2024||€6875|
|31 Aug 2024 - 13 Sep 2024||€4688|
|14 Sep 2024 - 18 Oct 2024||€4063|
|19 Oct 2024 - 13 Dec 2024||€3744|
|14 Dec 2024 - 03 Jan 2025||€4938|
|Item||Cost||Per||Optional/ Mandatory||Payment Due|
|End of stay Cleaning||€250||Per Booking||Mandatory||On Arrival|
|Air conditioning||€500||Mandatory||With Balance|
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: €500.00
- Prices shown are for 14 people in 7 bedrooms.
- For 1 or 2 additional bedrooms, please enquire. Add 625€ for the 9-bedroomed property.
- Security deposit €500 on arrival
- Cleaning fee of €250 payable to owner on arrival
- Changeover day Saturday.
- Air conditioning charged extra.
- Completely renovated in early 2013, this property has retained all of its original character and patina, yet functions perfectly as a modern and practical property should.
- You will find 3 day beds which can be popped up and placed within the largest room suites, these are suitable for children. You will also find up to 4 portable cots and 4 high chairs for your little ones.
- Linen and towels provided.
- Chef service available, contact us for more information.
- French cooking classes can be arranged for guests if required.
- There is plenty of secure parking across the road.
- An optional air conditioning package is available at an additional cost (please contact us for more information) and electric fans are provided as a standard free of charge.
- Well-selected Farrow and Ball paints and Osborne & Little wallpaper has been used throughout the property to complete the French contemporary classic feel.
- Fibre wifi access is available in the property.
- Please note that pets are not permitted.
- Christmas and New Year are treated as a very special event in this property – the owners fully decorate the house with a traditional Christmas tree and provide a lot of festive touches – please enquire.