Manoir Belle Vigne - CANAU104
Prices from €4,369 - €7,500
Sleeps: 18 Bedrooms: 9
SPECIAL OFFER for Dates between 23/09/23 - 21/10/2023.Please enquire. Manoir Belle Vigne is an ideal property for large families and groups. Located near Lezignan Corbieres in the Languedoc region, this large and beautiful Manor house can accommodate up to 18 people in 9 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms. The private, heated and fenced swimming pool is ideal for young children, as well as the billiard, table football and ping pong table. Laze in the large grounds or take the bikes out for a spin - you won't be short of activities in this wonderful property. Facilities include Wifi internet, satellite TV, air conditioning and heating. Highly recommended. Wheelchair inaccessible. Saturday to Saturday bookings only. Extra cots for children. 9 bedrooms/ 6 bathrooms + 1 en suite WC.
About Manoir Belle Vigne
Manoir Belle Vigne is a fully renovated and imposing Manor House of the Belle Epoque. This house was originally built in the early 1830s by a wealthy land-owner and wine and brandy producer and was, at one point, home to the family of the Mayor of Narbonne.
The house sits securely behind magnificent decorative cast iron gates, with an imposing façade of golden quarried sandstone, as is the grand curved staircase and balustrade that rises to the front architectural balcony and terrace.
Heavy full height wooden doors open to the main entrance hall, with its marble staircase and walls, still rendered in the original 1830’s hand-painted “Trompe l’Oeil”, giving an aged marble effect.
Either side of the entrance hall are double doors that open into two large comfortable rooms (the salon and the dining room), each with high ceilings, complete with ornate mouldings, chandeliers and marble fireplaces – this gives you a clear choice of two areas to sit and relax, perhaps for young and old or whatever suits the mood best.
The main hub of this Manor House is the newly re-fitted dining room and large fully-equipped French period country-style kitchen. Through the two double-height French doors, you can access the outside for al fresco dining, thanks to multiple tables that can be moved and joined together for wonderful dining under the stars on the terraces, front courtyard or large garden to the rear of the property.
On the ground floor, we have a further recently fitted contemporary classes French kitchen, equipped with satellite TV and access to the front courtyard – this area is also used by the housekeeper (when her services are required) to book delicious local food for waitered parties. Next door to the kitchen is a well-stocked “Honesty Wine Cellar” / utility room with a washing machine. Just off of the original staff kitchen is a games room, equipped with a full sized pool table, bar-style table football and a full-sized ping pong table.
On the first floor, there are six well-proportioned luxury bedroom suites, all with double beds that can be easily split into two singles. Four rooms have an en-suite bathroom with Grohe power rain showers and double sinks, space permitting. One bedroom has en suite WC and shower. The final bedroom shares the family bathroom on the ground floor.
There are three daybeds that can be popped up and placed within the largest room suites, suitable for children only. There are 4 portable cots and 4 high chairs for babies.
On the third floor are three further bedrooms and a large shared family size WC and shower room with double sinks. One of the bedrooms is arranged as a non-splittable double, the next is a splittable double and the final one is a two-three bed dormitory, ideal for teens.
The bedrooms are large with period fireplaces very much in keeping with the rest of the house.
To the rear of the property is a large shady garden and a brand new swimming pool, which is heated and fenced, as well as a sun terrace. From the balcony, you have views over the main swimming pool, sun terrace and garden with its shallow brook and numerous mature fruit trees.
The house enjoys a position set East to West, with huge grounds. Part of it is laid to a large garden full of fig, olive, cherry, apple and walnut trees.
There is a fenced-in shallow brook which carries all kinds of small fish through the back garden, providing the ideal opportunity for a line and hook or bucket for the younger amongst us.
There are many further activities on-site, including sheltered private areas to read a good book, a hammock and various terraces. There is plenty of car parking across the road, or more secure parking at The Winery, where the private drive from the heart of the village opens into farmland and vineyards that make up part of the original estate.
The terrace overlooks a walled courtyard and large gravelled entertaining or barbeque area, furnished with bright contemporary coloured traditional French café style tables and chairs.
Facilities and Features
- Satellite TV
- Easy walk to shops (<15 mins)
- Un-overlooked pool
- Private pool
- Heatable pool
- Private parking
- Secure parking
- Family friendly
- Games Room
- No pets allowed
- Spacious garden
- Tennis court
Lower Ground Floor:
- Fully equipped kitchen with 2 dishwashers, microwave, hob, oven, coffee machine, breakfast bar, 2 fridges, 2 freezers, a small dining table, an I-Pod docking station and Satellite TV
(access to front courtyard)
- Well-stocked “Honesty Wine Cellar” with some of the best wines from the Languedoc
- Utility room with washing machine and drying facilities
- Grand hall
- Dining room
- Living room with 2 sofas, 2 armchairs, decorative fireplace, TV, DVD player, Ipod docking station, Wii, desk top computer with speakers
- Games room and a table tennis room with a ping-pong table as well as a full sized table football and pool table
- Family bathroom with a shower and bath
- Terrace overlooking the courtyard
- Master suite: sleeps 4 - 1 hotel extra large double (can be split into 2 singles), day bed for 2 children and en-suite shower room with W.C. and double sinks
- Bedroom 2: sleeps 2 - 1 hotel extra large double (can be split into 2 singles) and en-suite shower room with W.C. and sink
- Bedroom 3: sleeps 2 - 1 extra large double (can be split into 2 singles) and en-suite shower room with W.C. and sink
- Bedroom 4: sleeps 2 - 2 singles (can be made into a large double) and ensuite shower room with W.C. and sink
- Bedroom 5: sleeps 2 - double and en suite shower room and WC
- Bedroom 6: sleeps 2. Shares ground floor family bathroom.
- Bedroom 7: sleeps 2 - 1 large double
- Bedroom 8: sleeps 3 kids as kids' dormitory with 3 single beds or 1 double (splitable) with single day bed
- Bedroom 8: sleeps 2 - 2 single beds (can be pushed together)
- Shared large family shower room with double sinks
- Private heated swimming pool (shape: rectangular/ size: 9m x 4.5m/ depth: 1.6m) with full EU child-safety barrier and locking gate
- Large poolside terrace
- Shaded terraces
- Private walled courtyard
- Summer kitchen with BBQ and outside seating for up to 17 guests
- Garden with fruit trees (1 acre)
- Children's play area
- Shallow brook
- Garage (on request)
- Secure parking
- 2 tennis courts (opposite the house)
- Trampoline with safety barrier
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
children's play area and even a vegetable market every Friday and Sunday mornings. Larger supermarkets are located in Lézignan Corbières (4km). In Ventenac there is a Wine Cave, perfect for getting to know the fabulous wines of the region.
The Canal du Midi is a few minutes' drive away. It offers some delicious restaurants and is a very popular area for outdoor activities lovers, with plenty of walking, biking and boat hiring options.
The imposing Corbières mountains where one can visit the fascinating Cathar castles, can be reached in just 10 minutes. Furthermore, the Mediterranean coast is a half hour journey, offering easy access to the beautiful beaches in Gruissan and Narbonne. When the beaches are too crowded, why not head to Homps and take a dip into the lake? It is a family-friendly option, well serviced with a café, life guard and plenty of free parking.
Gruissan also has a pretty old town and a modern marina with a good choice of places to eat and drink. In Narbonne, the closest large town (15mins) and classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, one can take a stroll down its beautiful 'promenade', visit museums, explore its sparkling market place and relax in one one the many cafes and restaurants.
In 30 minutes you can reach the fortified town of Carcassonne, also a UNESCO World Heritage site. Deeply steeped in history, it is a lively citadel where myriads of events and festivals take place throughout the year.
A bit further afield is Pezènas, (about 1hr) a gorgeous medieval town with a wide selection of traditional shops, bars, restaurants and a Saturday market selling fresh local produce and clothing. In the Cote de Vermillion, we recommend visiting Collioure, nestled in a little cove and a paradise for art
Furthermore, bear in mind that the Spanish border is only about an hour away: Figueras and Cadaques are just two examples of coastal villages making for fabulous day trips out!
Finally, the property is served by 9 Airports: Carcasonne, Bezier, Perpignan,
Toulouse, Nimes, Montpellier, and Girona and Barcelona in Spain too!
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|24 Feb 2024 - 24 May 2024||€4688|
|25 May 2024 - 21 Jun 2024||€5313|
|22 Jun 2024 - 28 Jun 2024||€6563|
|29 Jun 2024 - 30 Aug 2024||€7500|
|31 Aug 2024 - 13 Sep 2024||€5313|
|14 Sep 2024 - 18 Oct 2024||€4688|
|19 Oct 2024 - 13 Dec 2024||€4369|
|14 Dec 2024 - 04 Jan 2025||€5563|
|Item||Cost||Per||Optional/ Mandatory||Payment Due|
|End of stay cleaning||€250||Per Booking||Mandatory||On Arrival|
|Security deposit||€500||Per Booking||Mandatory||On Arrival|
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: €500.00
- End of stay cleaning 250€ - payable in cash on arrival.
- All linen, towels and pool towels included.
- Heating and air conditioning charged extra.
- 3 extra child beds available plus cots.
- Security deposit 500€ payable on arrival.
Small weddings and celebrations up to 50 people are welcome.
An extra 3 children can be accommodated on fold-up beds at extra charge.
Smoking allowed on outside terrace only.
Two tennis courts located opposite the house.
- Air Conditioning
- Electric fans
- Satellite TV
- Hair Dryers
- Ironing Board
- Washing machine
- Drying room
- Table tennis
- Table football
- Pool table
- Boules pitch
- Selection of children's toys
- Bikes on site available for hire