The Beach House - STP102
Prices from €344 - €861
Sleeps: 4 Bedrooms: 2
The Beach House is as the name suggests, a wonderful house located only 30 metres from the beach. With no roads to cross between the house and the golden sand, this is a great choice for families with small children. Within easy walking distance of various shops, restaurants and bars, you will certainly not need a car here (however, if you do have a car, rest assured there is private and secure parking for you). This is a home away from home, a place to sit back and relax whilst listening to the peaceful sounds of the Mediterranean. Sleeping up to 4 people, it's the ideal place for a romantic getaway or a relaxing family holiday.
About The Beach House
The Beach House is a small yet comfortable self-catering house (30m2) beautifully located just 30 metres from the beach at Saint Pierre La Mer.
The living room is fully equipped with an open-plan kitchen complete with a breakfast bar, large fridge/freezer, 2 hobs, combi microwave, coffee machine and a kettle.
There is one bedroom with a double bed, as well as a low-ceiling mezzanine with two single beds (great for kids!). The bathroom consists of a shower, hand basin and WC.
The outside area is a walled south-facing terrace (12m2) complete with garden furniture. Thanks to the electric grill that can be taken onto the terrace and used with the exterior plug, this is the perfect place for a delicious al fresco meal made with local ingredients. Relax on the terrace with a glass of chilled local wine and listen to the waves lapping against the golden sand.
A lovely benefit to this property is its location - as mentioned earlier, the beach is only 30 metres away and doesn't require crossing any roads, therefore it is the perfect place for families with small children. The shops, restaurants and bars are all about 500 metres away, so you can take pleasure in walking to the local boulangerie in the morning to get your freshly baked croissants, and explore the wonderful night markets that Saint Pierre has to offer.
Although you do not need a car to enjoy your time here, there is a private parking space for those that need it.
Facilities and Features
Dining: seating for 4, both indoors and outdoors
Bathroom: shower room with shower, basin and WC.
Bedrooms: 1 bedroom with double bed and one mezzanine with 2 single beds which can be pushed together.
Lounge: seating for 4, flat screen TV with French satellite channels.
General: Internet access payable, room fans, highchair, cot.
- On Residence
- 2+ Bedrooms
- Private Parking
- BBQ Area
- Pet Friendly
- Child Friendly
- Easy Walk to Shops
- Easy Walk to Beach
- Golf Nearby
- Watersports Nearby
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
Situated on the foot of the "La Clape" mountain range, it borders the marshlands and salt-lakes of the nature reserve formed by the estuary of the river Aude.
There are a couple of restaurants just a few minutes walk from The Beach House, and plenty more available in the centre of the village (about 15 minutes walk away).
Lifeguards present from 15/06 – 15/09. Freshwater shower on the beach.
Saint Pierre Sur Mer is a lively little village and has a lot of choices when it comes to restaurants, bars, shops and bakeries. At night, you can practice your moves in the Charly bar or in Le Take night-club.
The resort is also well-known for having plenty of water-sports on offer to keep you occupied, as conditions are perfect for kite-surfing, wind-surfing and sailing, and there is not only the sea to play on, but also a saltwater lake. We highly recommend the Glisse n' Kite business for all water-sport activities.
Some cultural and historic sites:
- The city of Narbonne is famous for its 13th Century cathedral, located right in the heart of the old town. Remains of an earlier period can be found literally on the streets in Narbonne, the old Roman road from Rome to Spain crosses the heart of the old town.
- La Cite de Carcassonne is situated 45km inland, and is a fully restored Middle Age city with high raparts and 52 towers. The medieval castle (known locally as "La Cite") is definitely worth a visit, and the many shops and restaurants make it a day well-spent.
- At the foot of the Pyrenees, you can find the many remains of the impressive Cathar castles, built high on hilltops to protect the Cathars from the Catholic Church's wishes.
- The Canal du Midi was made to connect to Atlantic Ocean with the Mediterranean Sea. Today, the canal, with its many bridges and hydraulic works is on UNESCOs list of World Heritage, for us to see or sail. Its banks make the perfect place for a picnic.
- Other sites include Nimes' Pont Du Gard (150km), Andorra (200km) and of course, Barcelona (325km).
Some culinary visits:
- Narbonne is surrounded by famous wine regions such as Corbieres, Minervois, Fitou and La Clape. Try the regions' powerful reds and roses at one of the local vineyards.
- If it's olives that you're interested in, visit the Cave Cooperative Oulibo in Bize-Minervois, and learn how olive oil is made. Taste the different varieties of green and black olives, and try the related products such as soap.
- The regions' many lakes are host to pink flamingos, storks and pelicans - you can spot them and other rare birds on a daily basis.
For more exotic wildlife there is the Reserve Africain in Sigean.
For the kids:
- Aqualand in Cap d'Agde is a fantastic water park for all ages.
- Adventure and high rope parks in Gruissan and Leucate
- Kids entertainment program provided by the Animation team of St.Pierre, open to all.
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|27 Mar 2021 - 28 May 2021||€387|
|29 May 2021 - 25 Jun 2021||€431|
|26 Jun 2021 - 02 Jul 2021||€554|
|03 Jul 2021 - 13 Aug 2021||€861|
|14 Aug 2021 - 20 Aug 2021||€775|
|21 Aug 2021 - 27 Aug 2021||€554|
|28 Aug 2021 - 24 Dec 2021||€431|
|25 Sep 2021 - 29 Oct 2021||€387|
|30 Oct 2021 - 24 Dec 2021||€344|
|26 Mar 2022 - 27 May 2022||€387|
|28 May 2022 - 24 Jun 2022||€431|
|25 Jun 2022 - 01 Jul 2022||€554|
|02 Jul 2022 - 12 Aug 2022||€861|
|13 Aug 2022 - 19 Aug 2022||€775|
|20 Aug 2022 - 26 Aug 2022||€554|
|27 Aug 2022 - 23 Dec 2022||€431|
|24 Sep 2022 - 28 Oct 2022||€387|
|29 Oct 2022 - 23 Dec 2022||€344|
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: €200.00
- Bed linen rental (optional): 8 euros per person. Towels not supplied.
- Tourist tax is not included: 0.75 euros per person over 13 year of age per day.
- Children are more than welcome at this property, although the accommodation is less suitable for very small children and elderly people, due to the staircase to access the mezzanine.
- Pets can be accepted by arrangement only. Please contact us for more details. (Dogs accepted - the small private terrace is completely enclosed by a wall of 1.8m).
- Visited by one of our team - highly recommended.
- Rentals are from Saturday to Saturday in July and August, but dates are flexible in other months.
- Available for long-term lets from the end of August, for a minimum of 6 months.
- Electric heating is available and chargeable at the end of the stay on meter readings.