Les Grands Chenes - BONN101
Prices from €5,535 - €6,150
Sleeps: 10 Bedrooms: 5
Les Grands Chenes stands in over 3 acres of land and takes its name from the oak trees that are so abundant on the estate. This spacious property has been decorated and furnished in a typical Provencal style. Multiple outside dining areas including a stone pergola which covers the entrance porch providing a cool idyllic shaded area and a grand terrace with spectacular views across the valley to Bonnieux. To the side of the house on a lower terrace the large heated pool lies in an open glade and above it, a brand new all-weather tennis court. 5 bedrooms/5 bathrooms
About Les Grands Chenes
Les Grands Chênes is a beautiful villa that stands in over three acres of land and takes its name from the oak trees that are so prevalent on its estate. From its perched position, surrounded by orchards and vineyards, it offers far-reaching views of the surrounding picturesque villages of Bonnieux, Roussillon, Lacoste and in the distance, Mont Ventoux.
The property is spacious and has been decorated and furnished in a typical Proveçal style. There are multiple outside dining areas, including a stone pergola that provides a cool and idyllic shaded area, as well as a grand terrace with spectacular views across the valley.
There are 5 bedrooms which all feature an en-suite shower and washbasin. The Master bedroom has a large en-suite bathroom with a bath, a shower, a bidet, a closet and a double washbasin.
The kitchen is fully equipped with everything that you will need to cook a delicious meal, with the benefit of an additional fridge/freezer in the basement.
There is an open plan dining and reception area with high ceilings - the dining area can seat up to 10 people. The living space has sofas and lounge chairs, as well as a wood-burning stove which is set in a large traditional stone fireplace.
Other highlights include a TV/reading room with satellite TV, a wide-screen TV with DVD player, a library/office room with games, books and a selection of films. There is a games/playroom with table tennis, sofas, a kitchenette area with a sink and some sports equipment.
To the side of the house, on a lower terrace, you'll find the large heated swimming pool ((12mx6m) and 3m x 1m) that lies in an open glade. It has steps and a diving board, night lighting and an alarm system. There is a pool house with a WC and a shower, 10 sun loungers and a round granite table that seats up to 6 people. Above the pool, there is a private all-weather tennis court and illuminated boules pitch.
There is a large gas barbecue with a 10 seater dining table that overlooks the village of Bonnieux. There is also a covered terrace with outdoor dining, benches in various locations around the gardens, an internal courtyard accessed through the library and a private drive up to the house with parking for several cars.
Facilities and Features
- Bedroom 1 (ground floor) Master bedroom with double bed, large en-suite bathroom with bath, shower, bidet, closet and double washbasin.
- Bedrooms 2 and 3 (ground floor) with twin beds. En-suite shower room.
- Bedroom 4 (1st floor) with double bed. En-suite shower room.
- Bedroom 5 (1st floor) with twin beds. En-suite shower room. View over the pool.
All bedrooms feature an en-suite shower and washbasin. The Master bedroom has a large en-suite bathroom with a bath, shower, bidet, closet and double washbasin.
Downstairs WC and basin.
- Fully equipped, including large cooker with gas hob, electric oven. fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, juicer, coffee machines etc. Additional freezer and fridge in the basement. Doors open to the garden.
- Washing machine, tumble dryer and iron/ironing board.
- Open plan dining and reception area with high ceilings. Grand dining area seating up to 10, opening onto terraced dining patio. Living space with sofas and lounge chairs has a wood-burning stove set in a large traditional stone fireplace and CD/iPod dock/tuner player. Two doors open onto the gravelled side terrace.
- Wifi. Hifi.
- TV/reading room with satellite (Sky), wide-screen HDTV, DVD player. Sofa, easy chair, door to terrace.
- Library/office room with books, games and film selection, table and chairs.
- Games/playroom with table tennis, sofas, kitchenette area with sink and storage for outside furniture and sports equipment. Doors to enclosed courtyard and terrace.
- Basement with extra fridge and freezer as well as washing machine and drier.
Services and other:
- Services included are a cot, fans, hairdryers, telephone facility, wifi, electricity, gas, linen, and bath/pool towels.
- A weekly maid service, pool man and gardener are arranged for clients staying beyond a week (additional hours can be arranged with the housekeeper for an additional cost).
- Electric heating is available in every room in off-season months.
- The property is very secure and discrete surveillance is provided by a security company via an infrared alarm. It is a fun place for children because they can explore the land and surrounding fields.
- Pets are allowed at the discretion of the owners.
- No smoking.
- The maximum number of persons at the property must not exceed 10.
- The property and its facilities are for the sole use of the client during their stay.
- A full description of the amenities is contained in the Inventory.
- The property is generally accessible to persons with mobility issues
- Private Villa
- Tennis Court
- Private Pool
- Heated Pool
- Un-overlooked Pool
- 4+ bedrooms
- 4+ Bathrooms
- Private Parking
- Secure Parking
- Satellite TV
- BBQ Area
- Table Tennis
- Pet Friendly
- Child Friendly
- Suitable for reduced mobility
- Golf Nearby
- Watersports Nearby
- Spacious garden
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
There is a supermarket in Bonnieux about 2kms away and another in Apt at 10kms.
In Bonnieux are 2 top class Michelin star restaurants and 4 bars which serve food.
The nearest airports and TGV stations are Avignon and Marseille. Use of a car is recommended to make the most of a visit to the region.
There are plenty of interesting places to visit in this area - many vineyards will give tours and tastings and the Russell Crowe film 'The Good Year' was made in this area. The 'arty' village of Lacoste is worth a visit - Pierre Cardin owns the restaurant and boulangerie here, to name just a couple of his businesses.
There is a good, lively market in Bonnieux on Tuesdays, also worth a visit.
On arrival for a vacation, clients will be greeted at the new church in Bonnieux (43.824124,5.306225) by the ‘Coordinator de la Maison’ who will provide an escort to the property and check you in.
Secluded location with stunning views 2 km away of Bonnieux and Lacoste.
-Centrally located within the heart of the Luberon National Park.
-Surrounded by olive groves, vines, lavender fields and cherry tree orchards
Golf, horse riding, cycle hire, ballooning and water activities can all be found locally. Details can be found in the Welcome Book and tourist office in Bonnieux
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|28 May 2022 - 01 Jul 2022||€5535|
|02 Jul 2022 - 26 Aug 2022||€6150|
|27 Aug 2022 - 14 Oct 2022||€5535|
|27 May 2023 - 30 Jun 2023||€5535|
|01 Jul 2023 - 25 Aug 2023||€6150|
|26 Aug 2023 - 13 Oct 2023||€5535|
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: €1500.00
- Pool towels supplied at no extra cost.
- 5% discount for 3 weeks or more.
The gate entrance is approximately 500 meters from the property up a steady incline. Parking space is more than adequate for 6 cars.
- 5 bedrooms (sleeps 10)
- Large heated alarmed swimming pool (12mx6m) and 3m x 1m, with steps and a diving board, night lighting and alarm system - there are 2 bracelets for children which link with the radar alarm if required. The pool is heated to 26 degrees.
- Tennis Court & Boules Pitch
- Games Room
Saturday is the change-over day. Departure 10 am and arrival 4 pm. The check-in/welcome and check-out/au revoir will be managed by the very friendly and able ‘Coordinator de la Maison’.
Catering and tennis coaching can be arranged for guests.
2 cots and a highchair are available.
There is no aircon in the house but fans are provided.
Pool towels are provided.
Pets accepted by arrangement.
Highly recommended, beautiful house, super location.
Exceptional property, situated beside two picturesque villages. Excellent facilities for all age groups, spacious for extended family members. Perfect location for nature lovers, several forest walks close by.
Highly recommend, will definitely be back.
Fortement recommandé, belle maison, super emplacement.
Propriété d'exception, située à côté de deux villages pittoresques. Excellentes installations pour tous les groupes d'âge, spacieuses pour les membres de la famille élargie. Emplacement parfait pour les amoureux de la nature, plusieurs promenades en forêt à proximité.
Je le recommande vivement, je reviendrai certainement.
Deborah H. June 2017
Les Grandes Chênes sont très bien situés avec une piscine de très bonne taille (avec plongeoir) et des chaises longues très confortables. Le court de tennis est également super et il y a de bons coins salons extérieurs pour manger.
Mary C. August 2019