Maison de Maitre Murviel - MURV101
Prices from £1,230 - £2,460
Sleeps: 14 Bedrooms: 7
Traditional Maison de Maître with 7 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms in the centre of a wine making village in the heart of the Languedoc. The lower terrace has a large private pool and the charming upper terrace with BBQ makes a lovely spot for al fresco dining. Spacious living room, dining area, fully fitted kitchen and separate playroom. Walking distance to bakery, cafes and restaurants. Béziers 15 minutes. River beach less than 10 minutes. Beaches 30 minutes. Flexible arrival- and departure day, 7 nights minimum.
About Maison de Maitre Murviel
The house is a beautiful 7 bedroom / 4 bathroom traditional Maison de Maître with a large terrace and fabulous brand new saltwater pool. It can sleep up to 14 people.
This wonderful house was built in the middle of the 19th century and recently renovated (2016) whilst keeping the original features and charm. There is a fully fitted kitchen, large living/dining room with original fireplace, a gorgeous sweeping staircase and original windows. There are 7 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms (of which 2 ensuite). Playroom with video games, board games, books and toys. The thick walls and traditional high ceilings keep the house cool during the summer.
The large upper terrace adjoining the kitchen makes an excellent spot for alfresco dining. There is a large dining table and a stone-built barbeque. The lower terrace has a large (10m x 4.5m, fenced) private pool with a large shallow end, perfect for families with small children or for just relaxing with a gin and tonic in the sun. There is also a wooden pool shed with table and chairs to laze in the shade.
There is no private parking at the house, there is plenty of free roadside parking in the village.
Facilities and Features
- Spacious hall
- Large lounge and dining room with comfortable sofas, TV with Freeview box, DVD player and X-box and the dining area has a table with chairs for 14 people.
- Fully fitted kitchen with oven and hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, and pantry items.
- Playroom with Sonos speaker and board games as well as a selection of music, books, videos, games, and toys.
- Separate toilet under the staircase.
- Bedroom 1 with a single bed and a terrace.
- Bedroom 2 with 2 single beds.
- Bedroom 3 with a large double bed.
- Bedroom 4 with a large double bed, a single bed and ensuite shower room.
- Family bathroom with bath and shower, basin and toilet.
- Separate toilet.
- Bedroom 5 with small double bed and space for a cot.
- Bedroom 6 with large double bed with high sloping ceiling and an ensuite shower room with shower, WC and basin.
- Bedroom 7 with double bed with ensuite shower with WC and basin.
Iron & Board
- Private Villa
- Private Pool
- Secure fenced pool
- 6+ Bedrooms
- 4+ Bathrooms
- Games Room
- Street Parking
- Satellite TV
- BBQ Area
- No Pets
- No Smoking
- Child Friendly
- Easy Walk to Shops
- Golf Nearby
- Watersports Nearby
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
The historic town of Beziers is only 15 minutes drive away and has many restaurants to suit all tastes.
The house is about 25 minutes from Beziers - Cap d'Agde Airport and about an hour from Montpellier-Méditerranée Airport, Perpignan - Rivesaltes Airport and Carcassonne Airport.
The local area is amazing, close to the Haut-Languedoc Regional Park with white picturesque villages and stunning views ideal for hiking or cycling. There are many possibilities for kayaking and canoeîng, white water rafting, caving (amazing stalactites!), climbing etc in the area. Along the Orb river are many small river beaches, Réals is closest to Murviel-lès-Béziers but other great options are Cessenon-sur-Orb, Roquebrun and Vieussan.
Mediterranean beaches are about a 30 minutes drive away. Valras Plage is ideal for families with many things to see and do for young and old. Portiragnes Plage, Serignan Plage and Vendres Plage are quieter with the odd beach bar, campsites and further simply miles upon miles of sandy beaches.
There are also several UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the area such as the Pont du Gard, the Canal du Midi and Carcassonne's old walls and castles. Well worth a visit! The Cathar castles are also very interesting, as are the villages of St. Guilheim-le-Désert and Aigues Mortes, dating back to the Knights Templar.
Nearest Airport 25 Km - Beziers
Nearest Bar/pub 200 Metres - Bar Nouvelle
Nearest Beach 25 Km - Serignan Plage
Local Services & Businesses:
ATM/bank - groceries - laundrette - medical services
Sports & Activities:
cycling - hiking - mountain biking - mountaineering - paragliding - rafting - caving - swimming - tennis -
whitewater rafting - wind-surfing
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|04 Sep 2021 - 01 Oct 2021||£2153|
|02 Oct 2021 - 17 Dec 2021||£1292|
|18 Dec 2021 - 31 Dec 2021||£1722|
|01 Jan 2022 - 29 Apr 2022||£1230|
|30 Apr 2022 - 27 May 2022||£1230|
|28 May 2022 - 01 Jul 2022||£1722|
|02 Jul 2022 - 02 Sep 2022||£2460|
|03 Sep 2022 - 30 Sep 2022||£1722|
|01 Oct 2022 - 16 Dec 2022||£1230|
|17 Dec 2022 - 30 Dec 2022||£1722|
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: £300.00
- Flexible arrival and departure dates, minimum stay of 7 nights (1 week).
- End of stay clean, bed linen and towels included.
- Note that the pool is opened from 28/05 to 30/09. It is closed during low season 30/09 to 28/05. The pool can be opened up earlier on request. Pool heating is optional at an extra charge of 100 GBP per week.
Check-in: 17:00 / Check-out: 10:00
Pets not allowed
Bed linen and towels provided
Note that the pool is opened from 28/05 to 30/09. It is closed during low season 30/09 to 28/05. The pool can be opened up earlier on request. Pool heating is optional at an extra charge of 100 GBP per week.
We are Nick and Carrie, an English family of four who just love France. We have two children, Henry aged 13 (horrible!) and Hattie aged 1 (less horrible!) We have lovingly restored this house and hope you enjoy it as much as we do. x