Villa St Michel - LAM103
Prices from £968 - £1,815
Sleeps: 8 Bedrooms: 4
Villa St Michel is a wonderful new villa which has been finished in a traditional French style. Set in the countryside and very close to the spa town of Lamalou Les Bains in the Languedoc, it is surrounded by spectacular hills and woodland, yet is only minutes away from a bustling little town. Complete seclusion by the swimming pool is guaranteed. This property is more suitable for older children (8/9 and above) than toddlers and little children.
About Villa St Michel
Villa St Michel is a seventeen-year-old property which has been finished to a traditional, yet modern, French style. Set on the outskirts of the spa town of Lamalou Les Bains, it stands amongst the mountainous region of the Cévennes, popular amongst trekkers and fruit pickers.
The house is split over several levels, with three main bedrooms and a fourth bedroom which leads to a double shower room.
The Master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom; the double bedrooms has a shower and sink, and the other main bedroom is a twin. There is one separate bathroom and two separate toilets.
The kitchen is well-equipped with all of the utensils you'll need during your stay. The dining room is open planned and spacious with a dining table with seating for up to 10 people - this leads to a private sun terrace, perfect for al fresco dining! The villa has satellite TV and free WiFi access.
The outside area is wonderful, you will feel very much as one with nature in this house. The private swimming pool and back garden give onto woodland that rises up behind the house without overshadowing it. You could say that the back garden IS the mountains!
The swimming pool is completely secluded from view; it is approx. 8m x 4m with a sun deck, loungers and comfortable seating.
There are various plants and vines around the pool area, a grapevine and many climbers. The BBQ is situated on the upper terrace with steps down to the pool terrace (the pool is gated for security). The terrace overlooks the private swimming pool and woods/mountain range.
There is private parking on the driveway and beside the house for at least 2 cars.
With its idyllic setting, this property is perfect for relaxation, and if you're into yoga, we have yoga mats for you to use either around the pool at dawn or sunset or of course, in the woods. There is a yoga studio close to Lamalou Les Bains if you want to get some tips or have a class with an experienced teacher.
Villa St Michel is only a 15-minute walk away (or 2-minute drive) from the town of Lamalou Les Bains, where you will find a post office, supermarket, tourist office, restaurants, bars and a market on a Tuesday.
Reviews from past guests all state that the photos do not do this place justice. It's just an ideal getaway.
Facilities and Features
- Bedroom 1: Master kingsize double bed with en-suite, overlooks the swimming pool
- Bedroom 2: Double, shower and sink, overlooks the mountains
- Bedroom 3: Twin, overlooks the terrace and swimming pool
- Bedroom/Study room 4: Sofa bed only which leads up to the double shower room
- En-suite bathroom including toilet to Bedroom 1
- Shower and sink in Bedroom 2
- Master bathroom next to twin with bath and shower over.
- Separate toilet on first floor and separate toilet on ground floor
- Electric cooker with grill, two kettles, microwave, toaster, fridge, freezer, gas hob with 4 rings, plus all the utensils you will ever need.
Utility Room: (Downstairs in garage area)
- Washing machine and tumble dryer with detergent and softener provided.
- Extra fridge.
- Separate WC.
- The dining room and living room are open plan with a separate mezzanine above the living area. The living room has a sofa, flat screen TV with UK satellite channels, Wi-Fi access, ceiling fan and a fireplace. The mezzanine area has a sofa bed and TV with French channels. There is a range of DVD's, CD's, books, board games and even an old electric piano, beware of low beams!
- Private pool
- Private parking
- Internet access
- Room fans
- Satellite TV
- Private Pool
- Secure fenced pool
- Un-overlooked Pool
- 4+ bedrooms
- 2+ Bathrooms
- Private Parking
- Satellite TV
- BBQ Area
- Pet Friendly
- No Smoking
- Child Friendly
- Easy Walk to Shops
- Golf Nearby
- Spacious garden
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
- The nearest beach is Valras Plage which is 40km away and is a busy beach destination. The whole stretch of coastline is beautiful and we are not too far away from the famous Cap d'Agde. There are also various river beaches along the River Orb which are lovely to paddle and swim from.
- 9-hole golf course only 1km away
Special Interest Holidays:
- Trekking and fruit picking are popular pastimes for many tourists to this region.
- Less than 1km to Lamalou Les Bains
- 3km to Hérepian
- 5km to Bédarieux
- 40km to Agde
- 160km to the Spanish border
- This hilly region is well known for its wine-making, historic buildings and outdoor activities. Locally, there are wineries, restaurants, golf, markets, festivals, nature trails, old church ruins and plenty of cultural activities. A bit further afield, you also have access to the stretch of beaches around the Cap d'Agde coastline, which is a 45-minute drive away.
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|27 Jun 2020 - 04 Sep 2020||£1815|
|05 Sep 2020 - 30 Oct 2020||£1210|
|01 May 2021 - 25 Jun 2021||£968|
|26 Jun 2021 - 03 Sep 2021||£1815|
|04 Sep 2021 - 29 Oct 2021||£1210|
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: £500.00
- Pet fee: £20
- This house is not suitable for people in wheelchairs or small children as there are several levels with steps.
- Cot available, but no highchair.
- Wooden or tiled floors throughout.
- Smoking allowed outside only.
- Pets considered - please contact us.
- Two adult-size bikes available to borrow.
- All linen and towels supplied.
- You will be responsible for cleaning your sheets and towels before leaving.
- The pool is professionally cleaned once a week on a Friday.