La Vieille Tuilerie et gite - ESP105
Prices from €4,235 - €4,235
Sleeps: 15 Bedrooms: 7
La Vieille Tuilerie et gite is a wonderful family-friendly property, located in the village of Espondeilhan in the Languedoc. This property boasts a large main house and a small detached gite, sleeping a total of 15 people in 7 bedrooms (5 bedrooms in main house, 2 bedrooms in gite). There is a private heated swimming pool and a large garden ideal for kids. The property is within walking distance to local amenities and is only a short drive from Béziers and the coast. Please note that the gite is wheelchair friendly.
About La Vieille Tuilerie et gite
La Vieille Tuilerie et gite is a luxurious family property that won't disappoint. Thought and attention have been paid to ensure that your holiday really is a holiday.
The main house is a spacious and light, detached and private 5 bedroom property (3 double bedrooms and 2 kids' rooms) with 3 bathrooms, a large and private enclosed garden with trampoline, swings and a lovely grassy toddler garden at the rear, complete with a boules area, as well as a fully gated, heated swimming pool (10m x 5m) and secure on-site parking. This property has been fully renovated with taste, assiduously maintained and equipped with all mod-cons. Ideal for families and large groups with or without children. Also with a ground floor bedroom suite, perfect for accompanying grandparents.
The detached gite is a single storey chalet-style property with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. It is newly renovated and entirely private, including a private entrance via an electric gate. The outside consists of private parking for two cars, then a huge private courtyard of about 150m² (1500ft²), half-covered for shade, half-open to the sun. The owner designed and managed the construction of the property herself, with people of reduced mobility in mind, particularly wheelchair users.
The private swimming pool measures 10m x 5m and is heated (thermostatically-regulated and operational either side of the high summer months when it is not needed, so May, June and September) and has a salt-water system which makes your skin and hair feel wonderful! (Please note that the water doesn't taste salty - the system changes the salt into chlorine). The pool area is gated, fenced and lockable with two gates. There is a stone barbecue on the terrace with a table and two lovely tables seating up to 14.
There is a large, private and 100% secure, enclosed garden with children's play area (trampoline, slide, swing, see-saw) and toddler garden with lush, green grass and toddler toys (small slide, plastic see-saw, mini-Bosch lawnmower, ride-on toy etc)... as well as a boules terrain with boules. There are 10 sunbeds - four with mattresses, four webbed that lie flat and several others.
Facilities and Features
As you enter the property, you will come into a large hallway with a beautiful piano. To the right is a formal living room, complete with a wide-screen TV, Freeview TV and a DVD player. This room has a very comfortable, sprung, sofa-bed, making an ideal spot for 2 further guests. The formal living room leads through to a beautiful large, airy double bedroom with an en-suite shower room - great for grandparents, for example. If you'd like to use the sofa-bed for guests, please note that you need to pass through this room to get to the downstairs double bedroom.
Across the hall lies a second family living/dining room, with a dining table seating up to 8 people (plus a leaf, taking the seating to 14). There is a widescreen TV, Sky +, a DVD player and fast wifi with an easy code and connection.
In the fully fitted and equipped kitchen, you will find a 5-ring hob, two ovens, a dishwasher, a large fridge/freezer plus an extra drinks fridge and a good range of cookware, utensils and plenty of matching crockery. There is a table with seating for 4, as well as French doors leading onto the terrace which has seating for 14, and a barbecue area overlooking the private swimming pool.
At the end of the hall, there is the downstairs WC and hand-basin. At the back of the house, there is a utility room with a washing machine, a dryer and a large ironing board with an iron.
Upstairs, there are four beautiful large bedrooms, two with enormous windows overlooking the countryside. There is one Master bedroom with a King-size bed, one double bedroom with a double bed, one kids' room with a 120cm bed and two single beds and another kids' room with white wooden bunk beds and a toddler/child bed (up to age 5), which can also be set up as a cot. In addition, there is one regular wooden cot and two travel cots with mattresses also available, as well as a lot of toys!
On this floor, you will also find the big Baroque-style family bathroom with a bath (and shower) and a separate very large rain shower, a WC and double hand-basins opposite an ornate silver mirror. There is a second shower-room with a large shower, a WC and a hand-basin. There are fans in every bedroom.
The gite is newly renovated in a modern Scandinavian chalet style and is about 90m² (900ft²) in size, with a 40m² living/dining/kitchen area. There is a large hallway with cleaning cupboard (with iron, ironing board, mop, bucket, vaccum cleaner etc) and a utility nook with a washing machine. The modern bathroom (c.8m²) has a huge walk-in shower with a grab bar and a shower chair, the WC lies off this and has a wide sink, surfaces and a heated towel rail.
The living area consists of a sofa, an armchair, a coffee table, a TV, a DVD player and a Sky+ box, as well as very good wifi. This area is set off by the 3.6m long tri-plane sliding doors, configurable so you can benefit from 2.4m of an open door at any one time; left or right or a bit each side - this really gives you the benefit of the inside-outside blurring of space.
The kitchen is fully equipped with cutlery, crockery, cookware, utensils, chopping boards, plus a kettle and plunge-style coffee pot. There is a gas cooker with an electric oven, an extractor hood, a microwave, a full-size integrated dishwasher and a full-size fridge with a freezer section. There is a one and a half sink with shower tap, a table with seating for 4, as well as a modern glass desk and chair. The chalet has a very fresh, light and clean feel to it.
There are two bedrooms which are separated by the bathroom for intimacy; one is a double room to the front of the property with 1.8m sliding doors and shutters, a sloped exposed beamed ceiling, a double bed, bedside tables, a lamp on each side, a desk and chair and a built-in wardrobe. The other bedroom lies to the back of the property and has a (slightly lower) sloped exposed beamed ceiling, twin zip and link beds which can either be used as two singles or zipped together to make a divinely comfortable super King-size bed (6ft). There is a wardrobe, a chest of drawers and a desk in this bedroom.
- Private Villa
- Grouped properties
- Private Pool
- Heated Pool
- Secure fenced pool
- Un-overlooked Pool
- 6+ Bedrooms
- 4+ Bathrooms
- Private Parking
- Secure Parking
- Street Parking
- Satellite TV
- BBQ Area
- Pet Friendly
- Child Friendly
- Wheelchair accessible
- Easy Walk to Shops
- Golf Nearby
- Spacious garden
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
Espondeilhan lies in a network of close-knit villages - all only a few minutes from each other, and each with something unique to offer, in the way of bars, restaurants, wine-tasting, village fêtes, old windmills, lakes and rivers to swim in, you name it! So much to see and do and hardly any traffic too. The variety of town-living, but with the easy-going pace of village life.
Tennis court - The owner leaves a key to the village tennis court at the house for guests' use,
as well as tennis racquets and balls
Espondeilhan is a lively village with many animations in the summer months. There is a fabulous bar run by a young Anglo-French couple. The French chap makes as much as he can himself - right down to fresh home-made burger buns every day! They have a constant menu of these famous home-made burgers, but also a few dishes that change every day, with a good mix of French cuisine, plus fish and chips at the weekend and eggs Benedict on a Sunday!
The beaches of Valras, Vendres, Serignan, Vias and Portiragnes are only 30 minutes away by car, with Agde being 40 minutes. The Lac du Salagou is only 30 minutes away and provides superb walking, cycling, riding, windsurfing, sailing, tennis and golf.
Closest supermarkets: Super U in Servian and Roujan (5 minutes away - Roujan is open on a Sunday morning).
Local shops: 2-5 minutes walk to the centre of the village. Small pizzeria, boulangerie, tabac, garage with car-hire, post office etc.
Tennis court: Located in the village. Pick up the key from the Mairie for a small deposit.
- Pézenas – a medieval market town with an all-day traditional French market on Saturdays
- Gorges of the River Orb
- St Guilhen le Désert – a lake with beaches and canoeing with a beautiful stone bridge
- Lac Salagou
- Cap d’Agde – loads of children’s activities including Aqualand water park, the Ile de Loisirs with mini-golf, dinosaur park, fairground rides, etc,
- Europark at Vias
- Market day in Béziers on Friday morning
- Flea market at Marseillan Plage Sat and Sun
- Local village fêtes and brasucades
- Water jousting at Sète, Agde, Marseillan Port
In the centre of the village, 5 minutes' walking distance, there is also a tabac (selling bread from the lovely bakers in the nearby villages and grocery products) and a baker's too. One minute's walk from the house is a fantastic green-grocery shop that sells lots of home and locally grown produce and has just started selling rotisserie chicken!
Espondeilhan (pronounced Es-pond-day-on) also has a garage (which has rental cars if you have short term visitors) and a hairdresser.
In the next, larger, village of Servian there are more restaurants, a market selling local produce three times a week, a big SuperU supermarket and petrol station, pharmacies and other commerces. Beziers is only 10 minutes away, as is Pezenas with its famous all-day market on a Saturday.
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|26 Jun 2021 - 27 Aug 2021||€4235|
Fees and conditions
- Rentals for the Main House + gite together in July and August only.
- Pet-friendly on confirmation only, please contact us about your pet.
- Wheelchair-friendly - There is a concrete ramp access to the property, with a turning platform of 150x180cm. All doorways are 90cm wide and there is a large turning space in the middle of the building to enable easy access to all rooms. There is a grab bar in the shower, plus use of a shower chair, and a disabled regulation height WC.
- The owner provides a free Welcome Pack of essentials (English tea, coffee, butter, jam, baguette, bottle of sparkling water and a bottle of rosé and red wine etc - so you can have a snack - and a drink! - when you arrive), but please do let us know if you'd like the fridge filled with a more comprehensive selection of foods to start you off (chargeable just for the cost of the items, not the service). The owners also leave all new guests basic such as foil, clingfilm, spices, cleaning materials, washing-up liquid, dishwasher tablets and some washing powder/liquid.
- All windows have electric shutters which keep out the daylight - great for lie-ins and to help the kiddies sleep!
- No smoking inside the house please; outside is fine.
- Bed linen provided, bath and pool towels provided.
- All baby equipment you might require included.
- Flexible check-in and out times for an extra fee (50€) - bag drop and pool use if you arrive early and the cleaners are still preparing the property for you, or you can leave your baggage in the hall and use the pool till just before the new guests arrive.
- UK Freeview satellite TV (SKY +), wifi/internet, mains gas central heating, trampoline, swings, secure grassed toddler garden with mini slide and plastic see-saw. Two portable air-con units available for hire if interested. (see above).
- Iron and ironing board provided.
- In main house: Ground floor double bedroom with shower room (100x80cm shower – with step into) Sofa-bed if required. Not wheelchair friendly but disabled-friendly.
- Mid-stay clean available at an extra cost.
- Private parking - enough space for up to 4 cars within the property grounds (electric gate)
Note from the owners about the Main House: "2020 will be our ninth season renting our house out after really successful summer seasons starting in 2012 and gradually adding m. With good planning and thinking ahead, we're pleased to say that everything has so far gone extremely smoothly. We've had really lovely guests! We've done a lot of summer holiday house renting ourselves, so are applying our principles of everything from 'absolute necessities' to 'wouldn't it be nice if...' to the house and to the welcome pack of essentials, as noted above (eg brand new kitchen sponges every time and bin liners that fit the Brabantia bin, for example!). We leave you three hair-dryers, nice liquid hand-soap in every bathroom. We've tried our very best to think of everything you might need to make your stay a real 'home away from home' including - gasp - plenty of matching cutlery and crockery and coordinating bedding with a high thread-count! What? In a holiday home, I hear you say?! Well yes. It's what I'd want so it's what we're offering our guests. I hear horror stories of threadbare towels that make me shudder! We also have plenty of kiddies' tableware and even bibs, a steriliser, bottle-warmer etc. So you can pack more frocks! We can supply up to three or (even more on demand) wooden cots, high chairs etc. Also strollers, sterilisers, potties, loo seat risers, walkers, ride-ons, playmats, and LOADS of toys! And also baby and toddler dishware and cutlery.
- The private courtyard/terrace outside has a table with seating for 6, two sun loungers, huge built-in barbecue, spare drinks fridge (invaluable in this region of great wine!).
- Babies and children: Cot, high chair and other necessary baby equipment available (steriliser, bottle warmer, toys, ride-on, scooters, stroller, change mat, crockery/cutlery, bed linen, etc.)
- Long term winter lets available - CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION including bills (water, electricity, Sky TV and internet). The chalet is well-insulated and heated with electric wall heaters and a heated towel rail in the bathroom.