Domaine de la Roque - MARS124
Prices from £6,490 - £8,260
Sleeps: 12 Bedrooms: 5
If you're looking for a luxurious, peaceful and elegant home for your holiday that your children can enjoy as much as you, this is the place to go. Beautifully decorated interior with all features, large enclosed garden perfect for children to have fun in with a treehouse, play area, zip-wire, pool and table football room, movie room and splendid private heatable swimming pool overlooking the surrounding vineyards. 5 bedrooms each with their own bathroom. 5km to the town of Marseillan and its beaches. NEW LISTING FOR 2022
About Domaine de la Roque
Domaine de la Roque is a new listing for 2022. It is a fully renovated, yet authentic Maison de Maitre and is nestled amongst the vineyards, only 5 km away from the beautiful old port village of Marseillan. Marseillan sits on the Etang de Thau lagoon, which is famous for its fresh oysters and mussels.
The beauty of the Domaine will leave you longing to stay, as it has everything that you could possibly need and more. There are 5 bedrooms, most of which have their own en-suite bathrooms, a large private heated swimming pool, a fully functional outdoor kitchen, a pool and foosball table, a treehouse, a private tennis court, a private boules court and beautifully manicured gardens, as well as fruit trees you can pick from. All of this is only minutes away from restaurants, beaches, historic villages and cities and many attractions.
The Domaine has 450sqm of accommodation over 4 levels. When you enter the property through wrought-iron gates, you will be able to park your car securely on the private driveway in front of the house. The ground floor has a kitchen with all features, a dining room overlooking the vineyards, a lounge area with comfortable sofas and an open fireplace that leads onto an office. At the end of the hall is a second seating area with games for children and a TV, which also has its own bathroom.
On the first floor are 4 double bedrooms, 3 of which have their own dressing room and en-suite bathroom. The fourth bedroom has a family bathroom directly next to it.
On the second floor is a large family bedroom with two double beds and two singles, as well as a shower room and separate WC.
On the lowest floor at garden level, you'll find a games room with a pool table, a foosball table, a Bluetooth jukebox, a flat-screen TV and a comfortable sofa. There is a gym on this level with a cross trainer and light weights, as well as a movie room filled with DVDs. This area leads onto the "pump room" where there is a fridge/freezer, opening onto the beautiful terrace that overlooks the private swimming pool, garden and surrounding vineyards. The terrace has a fully functional outdoor kitchen with a gas hob, electric oven and sink and a shower room.
The garden is every child's dream - there is a large treehouse with working electricity, a play area, a zip wire, a boules court, a private tennis court, a citrus garden and more than enough room for kids to run around in, and adults to relax in. The garden is fully enclosed, leaving your children free to explore.
Facilities and Features
- Kitchen with coffee machine, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, gas hob, kettle, toaster and American-style fridge/freezer.
- Dining room with seating for 12+ overlooking the vineyards and with doors to the balcony.
- Lounge with comfortable sofas, TV with Freesat, open fireplace and doors opening onto the balcony.
- The lounge leads onto an office space with a large desk and printer.
- Second seating area with TV and games for children, plus bathroom with shower, WC and basin.
- Utility room with washing machine, dryer, hoover and various cleaning products.
- Master bedroom with emperor-size bed (200 x 200), dressing room and en-suite bathroom with a walk-in shower, a bath, double sinks and separate WC. Views over the garden, pool and vineyards.
- Second bedroom with king-size bed (160 x 200), dressing room and en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower, bath, WC and sink. Views over the garden, pool and vineyards.
- Third bedroom with king-size bed (160 x 200), dressing room and en-suite bathroom with shower/bath, WC and sink.
- Fourth bedroom with king-size bed (160 x 200).
- Family bathroom with walk-in shower, WC and sink.
- Family room with two double beds and two singles.
- Shower room with sink.
- Separate WC.
- Games room with pool table, foosball, Bluetooth jukebox, flat-screen TV, comfortable sofa.
- Movie-room with DVDs and comfortable sofa.
- Home gym with cross trainer and lights weights.
- Pump room with fridge/freezer.
- Bathroom with shower, sink and WC.
- Large terrace overlooking the garden and vineyards.
- Shower room with shower, WC and sink.
- Private and alarmed heated (on request at extra charge) salt-water swimming pool (5,5m x 12m, depth of 1,3 to 1,95).
- Outside kitchen with gas hob, electric oven, sink, island, dishwasher, microwave.
- Outdoor dining area.
- Treehouse with working electricity.
- Play area, zip wire and spider swing.
- Private tennis court (equipment provided).
- Private boules court.
- Citrus garden and fruit trees.
- Private Villa
- Tennis Court
- Private Pool
- Heated Pool
- Un-overlooked Pool
- 4+ bedrooms
- 4+ Bathrooms
- Games Room
- Private Parking
- Secure Parking
- Satellite TV
- BBQ Area
- Child Friendly
- Watersports Nearby
- Spacious garden
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
Beach lovers will not be disappointed with the 6km of sandy beaches that run from Cap d’Agde to Sete, approximately 15 minutes drive away from the house. Many zones have official lifeguards as well as restaurants on the beach. Adult guests may like to visit the beach clubs that dot the beach in Cap d’Agde where private sun loungers, restaurants and music are a relaxing way to spend the afternoon. Children will love the water park in Cap d’Agde and for the adults, there are many vineyards one can visit and sample the produce. The centre of Montpellier is about a 40-minute drive away and those who enjoy a city with a glorious old town full of narrow windy streets, delightful squares, numerous independent shops will not be disappointed. Pezenas, a 25-minute drive inland, is worth a visit with all its antique shops, famous Saturday morning market and pleasant old town.
Wherever you go in the Languedoc you will come across cyclists. The quality of the roads, having been part of the Tour de France for many years, are of exceptional quality for serious road cyclists as well as hobby cyclists. Having ridden many thousands of kilometres in the region we can also confirm that there is thankfully an absence of potholes and tolerance amongst the drivers that make cycling a pleasurable experience.
A trip inland to visit the many old medieval villages the area has to offer is worthwhile and for the more adventurous there are many companies that organise canoeing on the rivers Herault and Orb.
However, at the end of an exciting day, there is nothing quite like returning to La Roque and enjoying the terrace, pool and views over the garden and vineyards. Bliss.
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|30 Apr 2022 - 01 Jul 2022||£6490|
|02 Jul 2022 - 02 Sep 2022||£8260|
|03 Sep 2022 - 04 Nov 2022||£6490|
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: £1000.00
- Pool heating extra cost of £500 per week.
- All windows are double-glazed with UV glass, meaning the summer heat does not enter the property. The house stays cool.
- Fans in every bedroom.
- Fully landscaped garden.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Salt-water heated (on request at extra charge) private swimming pool. 5,5m x 12m and depth from 1,3m to 1,95m.
- Child-friendly, note from the owners: "We love children and they will love La Roque, the grounds are totally secure with fencing all around, the garden has many a delight for children including a treehouse, spider swing and a zip-wire! Inside we have a children’s TV room with a large assortment of games for all ages and available if needed, travel cot, highchair & baby gate."
SOUTH FRANCE HOLIDAY VILLAS says :- we have been renting villas in the Languedoc for many years now and it is always a huge pleasure to find one which is extra special and have the opportunity to introduce it to the rental market. This is one such property and we visited it in February 2022 for the first time.
It really has the wow factor and here are some things we just love about this property!
- The grounds are spectacular with a surprise around every corner and the house is just stunningly beautiful.
- The location is so peaceful yet just a short drive from the beaches.
- The spaciousness of the house with an abundance of rooms to keep everyone happy :-
Games room with pool table, foosball table, and jukebox
- The large terrace for dining at night.
- A caretaker next door who is available should you need him and who will keep the pool pristine daily.
All in all, we are thrilled to present this property to the holiday market this year and look forward to welcoming our clients for a fabulous holiday here.