Old Mansion by the River Rhone - AVI105OL
Prices from £3,669 - £5,644
Sleeps: 18 Bedrooms: 8
The Old Mansion is a 600-year old traditional stone Maison de Maître just a few steps away from the River Rhône, where peaceful riverside walks await. Located in the Golden Triangle encompassed by Nimes, Avignon and Arles. Easy walk into village with cafés and boulangerie. Big choice of areas to relax and hang out. Saltwater plunge pool. Possible to walk into Tarascon and Avignon along the river. Tennis just four minutes walk into village.
About Old Mansion by the River Rhone
The Old Mansion by the River Rhone is a 600-year old traditional stone Maison de Maître just a few steps away from the River Rhône, where peaceful riverside walks await.
It’s in a small, tranquil village right in the centre of the ‘Golden Triangle’ between Nimes, Arles, and Avignon. The village, with its handful of cafes and a small boulangerie, dates back to medieval times and still has tiny streets once suitable for horses rather than cars, offering a peaceful setting, perfect for experiencing true Provençal village life. This is a beautiful and historic area that has been famous for its culture since pre-Roman times and boasts local food markets, museums and the Camargue only a 30-minute drive away.
The renovation has been sympathetic and calculated; simple and preserving most of the original features and materials, which create a ‘step back in time’ full of character and charm. Stone floors and walls, old fireplaces and doors, large wooden beams and an eclectic mix of artwork and antique and vintage furniture. The house has various drawing rooms, a library, a ‘chapel room’, a dining room that can seat up to 60 people and a rustic, but well-equipped kitchen. The bedrooms, in keeping with a traditional French manor house, have high ceilings, large traditional windows and old style shutters.
Outdoors, courtyards, terraces and a salt-water plunge pool provide spaces for relaxing and for al fresco lunches.
The Old Mansion marries history and nature in beautiful Provence and provides a truly unique experience and place to stay or to celebrate a special event.
Enjoy the experience of staying in a large, 600-year old traditional French maison de maître
Peaceful riverside walks on the doorstep – you can watch barges float past or pick wild thyme and wild figs that grow by the river
The riverside walking path goes all the way to great castle town of Tarascon (about 6km) or Avignon (about 20km)
Plenty of extra services are available like guided visits, art and cookery classes, yoga and even a shopping service for artist’s supplies
Local wine and olive oil is available for sale at the house
Saint-Rémy-de-Provence is only a 15-minute drive away
Facilities and Features
- 3 large entrance halls
- Fully equipped kitchen with large gas oven and hobs, coffee machine, fridge/freezer, wood burner, cookery books and large table for 10 guests
- Utility room with two washing machines, large tumble dryer, dishwasher, iron and ironing board, fridge, freezer and second oven
- Dining room for 60 guests
- Small chapel room
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Guest WC
- 3 Double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms each with shower/bath, wash basin and WC
- Study with printer and scanner
- Library with English literature
- TV room with Apple TV, DVD player and DVD library
- Large sitting room with comfortable sofas and wood burner
- Second large sitting room with sofas and a writing table
- 2 Double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms with shower/bath, wash basin and WC
- Sitting room
- Dormitory with three single beds and a child's single bed
- Playroom with two single beds, board games and children's games
- Family bathroom with shower/bath, 3 wash basins and WC (shared between the playroom and the dormitory)
- Private Villa
- Private Pool
- Un-overlooked Pool
- 6+ Bedrooms
- 4+ Bathrooms
- Games Room
- Secure Parking
- Street Parking
- BBQ Area
- Pet Friendly
- No Smoking
- Child Friendly
- Easy Walk to Shops
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
Throughout the year, and especially during the summer months, the village hosts a variety of events and festivities including markets, feasts and the Camargue Races.
The surrounding area is abundant with castles, caves, mills and many other interesting sights for all the family to enjoy. Many of the local villages offer a selection of activities including horse riding in Lansac (8km), canoeing and kayaking along the Gardon River (15km) and wine tasting tours in the famous village of Chateau Neuf des Papes.
Notably, Avignon, is a must-see UNESCO World Heritage Site, with the well preserved old town protected by its ramparts and the 14th Century Palace of the Popes. The town is a wonderful day out with historical monuments, museums and churches to satisfy all your cultural needs. There are also many events, including the famous ‘in’ and ‘off’ festival which takes place every year in July.
Similarly, the towns of Nimes and Arles are full of history and culture with markets offering all the fabulous delicacies of the region including wines, cheeses and charcuterie, as well as the Montmajour Abbey and Roman ruins.
The Provence countryside boasts beautiful scenery ideal for exploring on foot or by bicycle. The towns of St Remy de Provence and Les Beaux de Provence offer the charm and beauty of true Provençal life, with winding streets and pavement cafes with many boutiques and treats for all to indulge in and enjoy.
Local Amenities :
Nearest Airport Nimes / Montpellier / Marseilles
(32km-35mins / 89km-1h9mins / 103km-1h10mins)
Nearest Ferry Port : Marseilles
Nearest Town/City : Tarascon / Avignon
(6km-10mins / 20km-23mins)
(3mins walk or 16km-20mins drive)
Nearest Train Station : Avignon TGV
Nearest Golf : Domaine de Manville
Nearest Beach : Plage Piemanson
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|26 Sep 2020 - 19 Apr 2021||£3669|
|01 May 2021 - 21 May 2021||£3772|
|22 May 2021 - 25 Jun 2021||£4740|
|26 Jun 2021 - 09 Jul 2021||£5198|
|10 Jul 2021 - 20 Aug 2021||£5644|
|21 Aug 2021 - 27 Aug 2021||£5251|
|28 Aug 2021 - 24 Sep 2021||£4740|
|25 Sep 2021 - 22 Apr 2022||£3669|
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: £1000.00
- Bed linen, pool & bath towels provided. Emergency extra sheets available if required.
- Pets accepted on request: outside only and may be subject to a charge.
- End of stay clean included but guests are asked to leave the property in the same condition as on arrival or a surcharge will be added.
The villa sleeps up to 18 guests, as 14 adults and 4 children.
Walking distance to shops, supermarket, bars etc and tennis court.
Ground Floor bedroom and bathroom.
Outside Grounds :
Main Courtyard (20x20m)
- Outside breakfast table
- Large outside dining table for 14 guests
- Bamboos and plants for shade
- Sunny corners and parasols for shade
- Outside WC
Pool Courtyard :
- Private square salt-water swimming pool (size: 4x4m / depth: 3m) with security alarm
- Poolside terrace
- Lunch table with 4 chairs
- 6 Sun loungers
Side Courtyard :
- Cool and shady area perfect for escaping the summer heat with a good book
- Apple TV
- DVD player and DVD library
- Hairdryer in each bedroom
- Two children’s bicycles and four adult bicycles
- Board Games
- Two washing machines
- Tumble dryer
- Gated grounds
- Charcoal portable bbq
- Adult and Children's books