Les Deux Platanes - COG104Q
Prices from £2,750 - £9,050
Sleeps: 14 Bedrooms: 7
Les Deux Platanes is a wonderful villa which was built over 100 years ago and has retained its charm. This traditional Mas is located in peaceful countryside in the heart of a nature reserve near the charming village of La Mole. This property sits on a gentle grassy slope at the edge of a protected forest, surrounded by vineyards and the luxuriant countryside of the Massif des Maures, yet is only 6 miles from the coast – it really is a rarity to find such a combination! With 7 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms, a private swimming pool, walking distance to an award-winning bakery and a large garden, this is the ideal place for a large group of 14 people.
About Les Deux Platanes
Les Deux Platanes is a traditional Mas located in peaceful countryside in the heart of a nature reserve near the charming village of La Mole. This property is ideal for families or large groups due to the main house and separate annexe. Built over one hundred years ago, this beautiful property sits on a gentle grassy slope at the edge of a protected forest, surrounded by vineyards and the luxuriant countryside of the Massif des Maures, yet is only 6 miles from the coast – it really is a rarity to find such a combination!
Enter the main house on the ground floor where you will find a large living room with an open fireplace, a TV/study room with open fireplace, both with French doors leading to the garden. There is a guest WC. The dining room and kitchen both have doors leading onto the terrace.
You can access the first floor via internal and external stairs (care with children). The first floor comprises a Master double bedroom (1.60m) with a portable air-conditioning unit, French doors to garden and an en-suite bathroom with WC; a double bedroom (1.40m) with French door to garden, an en-suite walk-in shower room and WC; a double/twin bedroom (1.80m or 2 x 0.90m) with French doors to garden, an en-suite walk-in shower room; a double bedroom (1.60m) with a sofa (can open into single sofa bed), ensuite bathroom. There is a separate WC which is shared by bedrooms 3 & 4, as well as a children's/teens' bedroom (4 x 0.90m), ensuite bathroom, WC, a double/twin bedroom (1.80m or 2 x 0.90m), ensuite bathroom, WC, and a TV room.
In the annexe (additional cost outside of peak season) you will find a twin bedroom (2 x 0.90m), ensuite bathroom, WC. (Please note this room is a lower standard than the main house).
The grounds are extensive and partially enclosed (electric fence), gently sloping with large lawns and parkland. There is an outdoor dining terrace and some comfortable seating under the shade of the plane trees. There is a portable gas barbecue on request. The private swimming pool is 12m x 6m pool and set 100m away from the house (cannot be seen from house. Depth 1.30 – 1.90m). There is private parking for at least 6 cars.
Facilities and Features
- Large living room, open fireplace, French doors to garden.
- TV room/study, open fireplace, French door to garden.
- Guest WC.
- Dining room, French door to terrace with outdoor dining.
- Kitchen, door to garden.
First floor (internal and external stairs - care with children):
- Master double bedroom (1.60m), portable air-conditioning unit, French doors to garden, ensuite bathroom, WC.
- Double bedroom (1.40m), French door to garden, ensuite walk-in shower room, WC.
- Double/twin bedroom (1.80m or 2 x 0.90m), French doors to garden, ensuite walk-in shower room.
- Double bedroom (1.60m) with sofa (can open into single sofa bed), ensuite bathroom.
- Separate WC (shared by bedrooms 3 & 4).
- Children's/teens' bedroom (4 x 0.90m), ensuite bathroom, WC.
- Double/twin bedroom (1.80m or 2 x 0.90m), ensuite bathroom, WC.
- TV room.
ANNEX (additional cost outside peak season)
- Twin bedroom (2 x 0.90m), ensuite bathroom, WC. Please note this room is a lower standard than the main house.
- Extensive, partially enclosed (electric fence), gently sloping grounds with large lawns and parkland. Outdoor dining terrace and comfortable seating under shade of plane trees. Portable gas barbecue on request. 12m x 6m pool set 100m away from house (cannot be seen from house. Depth 1.30 – 1.90m). Parking for at least 6 cars.
- Private Villa
- Private Pool
- 6+ Bedrooms
- 4+ Bathrooms
- Private Parking
- BBQ Area
- Child Friendly
- Easy Walk to Shops
- Golf Nearby
- Watersports Nearby
- Spacious garden
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
Tasteful French décor and traditional features combine with modern amenities to create a luxurious holiday home. What better way to enjoy this tranquil setting than to dine al fresco on the terrace under the dappled shade of two beautiful Plane trees.
The village of La Mole has a great local restaurant and an award-winning bakery, and Cogolin is within 5 miles for twice weekly markets. But the beauty of this location must be its proximity to St Tropez and the wonderful, sandy beaches along this stretch of coastline with their vibrant beachside cafes. Golf, tennis, horse riding and go-karting are just some of the activities you might enjoy, along with a diversity of entertainment ranging from children's fun fairs to polo matches.
- La Mole 2km
- Cogolin 8km
- St Tropez 18km
- Ste Maxime 13km
- La Mole private airfield 3km
- Toulon/Hyeres 35km
- Nice 130km
- Local restaurant | Bakery La Mole 2km
- Markets Cogolin 8km
- Rayol-Canadel-sur-Mer 12km
- La Croix Valmer | Cavalaire-sur-Mer 20km
- Pampelonne 23km
- Tennis 2km
- Horse riding locally
- Golf 18km
- Mediterranean Gardens at Rayol-Canadel 12km
- Castle Ruins at Grimaud | Monastere de la Verne 15km
- Le Club 55, Pampelonne Beach 23km
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|09 May 2020 - 12 Jun 2020||£3610|
|13 Jun 2020 - 10 Jul 2020||£6775|
|11 Jul 2020 - 07 Aug 2020||£9050|
|08 Aug 2020 - 21 Aug 2020||£6775|
|22 Aug 2020 - 25 Sep 2020||£3815|
|26 Sep 2020 - 25 Dec 2020||£2750|
|03 Apr 2021 - 16 Apr 2021||£3610|
|17 Apr 2021 - 07 May 2021||£2750|
|08 May 2021 - 11 Jun 2021||£3610|
|12 Jun 2021 - 09 Jul 2021||£6775|
|10 Jul 2021 - 06 Aug 2021||£9050|
|07 Aug 2021 - 20 Aug 2021||£6775|
|21 Aug 2021 - 24 Sep 2021||£3815|
|25 Sep 2021 - 24 Dec 2021||£2750|
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: £84.00
- Damage waiver fee of £84.00.
- Winter heating €200 per week.
- 2 hours daily maid service, Monday - Saturday.
- Portable air-conditioning in 1 bedroom.
- Wi-Fi internet.
- Pool towels.
- Winter heating €200 per week.
- The Annex is included in peak season pricing only: at all other times there is an extra charge.
It is not often one finds a Provencal-style Mas of such standing so close to St Tropez and the coast, and this one is magnificent; superbly decorated, in an excellent private location but still close enough to the razzamatazz of St Tropez and the beaches if you wish to go. La Mole has a prestigious restaurant called L'Auberge de la Mole which has been in the same family for 50 years - it is important to book in advance so as not to be disappointed and remember to take "real" money as they don't take credit cards! La Mole has even got its own little airport with scheduled flights with Darwin airlines from Geneva during the season - or you can, of course, take your own plane should you have one.