The Winery of Canet - CANAU103
Prices from €1,749 - €2,451
Sleeps: 8 Bedrooms: 4
The Winery of Canet is a wonderful old Winery that has recently been renovated into a beautiful holiday home, located in Canet d'Aude in the Languedoc region. Equipped with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a private heated swimming pool, garden, ping pong table and much more, this is the ideal location for a relaxed family holiday. Wheelchair inaccessible. Saturday to Saturday bookings only.
About The Winery of Canet
The Winery of Canet is a recently restored 200 year old Wine and Brandy factory, ideally suited to families and groups who appreciate a historical wine property brought up to date with every modern convenience. This property is part of a former wine estate and has a much larger sister mansion/chateau (ref CANAU101 and CANAU102), which is suitable for larger family groups.
The Winery is set within beautiful vineyards on the edge of the thriving village of Canet d’Aude in the Languedoc region of Southern France. Accessed via a private drive through its own vineyard, this villa has the benefit of being close to all village facilities. Nearby places of interest include the Canal du Midi at Ventenac, the Castle winery under a mile away, the city of Narbonne with fantastic bars, restaurants and shops, as well as the beaches within a short drive.
This property provides spacious accommodation for 4-8 adults and 2 children (on pop-up beds, only suitable for children) in 4 double bedrooms with splittable beds. Cots are provided for babies, please enquire.
The property has been decorated with care and love in order to provide you with a comfortable and functional living space. The kitchen has recently been refurbished and is equipped with a large American fridge/freezer, a 5 ring gas hob, an oven, a dishwasher, a 28 inch flat screen TV with a DVD collection, as well as all of the usual cooking utensils and equipment. The kitchen leads out onto a large decked terrace overlooking the heated pool and the garden below.
Off the kitchen is a utility room with washing machine/pressing facilities, a clothes horse, a large sink and a WC, as well as an Honesty Wine Cellar equipped with some of the best wines of the Languedoc.
Upstairs, there is a spacious double height/vaulted open-plan sitting area and salon with exposed stone walls and white wood floors. There is a wall-fixed TV where you can play movies via your laptop or iPad, as well as plenty of comfortable seating and board games.
The Master bedroom has a very trendy en-suite bathroom with a walk-through shower, double sinks, a WC and a dressing area. This room has windows that open onto the exterior balcony.
Upstairs, on the mezzanine level are 3 further separate bedrooms (two can be either a double or 2 singles and the third has 2 singles) that share a family sized bathroom with a shower, double sinks and WC.
The outside area is one of the highlights of this property – the front of the Winery is a raised wooden decked area over a trout bearing stream which functions superbly for al fresco dining. Other features include a sun terrace with designer grey fabric/aluminium sun beds, as well as a sun shade canopy, a wonderful entertaining space with uninterrupted views over the large infinity swimming pool (private and heated), a BBQ garden kitchen building, large mature garden and a beautiful view over the mountains and vineyards in the far distance. There is immediate access to 11 acres of adjacent land, where you will find horses quietly grazing among the vineyards.
The property enjoys use of its own exclusive private heated swimming pool, approx 5m x 4m, set within the raised wooden decked terrace with far reaching views. You can access the exterior shady balcony via French doors, where you will find additional seating with commanding views over the garden.
Facilities and Features
Bedroom 1: 1 king, 1 baby crib
Bedroom 2: 1 king
Bedroom 3: 1 king
Bedroom 3: twin beds
- The house sleeps 8 adults comfortably, with the space for 2 children on pop-up beds as well as babies. Bedrooms 2 and 3 have double/splittable King size beds. Pop-up beds, two cots & high chairs & baby bath are available, please enquire.
Bathroom 1: WC, combination tub/shower, shower.
Bathroom 2: WC, shower.
Bathroom 3: WC
- There is a large family bathroom as an en-suite to the principal bedroom. There is a large family bathroom with double sinks, WC and shower room, as well as a WC and hand basin in the utility room. Quality liquid hand soap, bath and swimming towels are all provided.
- Garage: Games barn/storage space is available for playing ping pong and storing your hire bikes and equipment securely.
- Telephone: Skype or similar via our internet connection.
- Heating: Two wood burning stoves for winter use only.
- Linens and towels provided: A complete set of professionally laundered linens are provided weekly - A maid/mid. stay cleaning/catering service is also available at additional cost - Please enquire.
- Washing Machine: Located in the utility room.
- Fireplace: Winter use.
- Parking: Lots of secure parking on the hardstanding within the grounds.
- Air Conditioning: The property has 16 inch thick stone walls in order to keep you cool in high summer, but is also partially air conditioned by a 'Pay As You Go' system installed on the top floor bedroom area.
- Internet: Wifi throughout the property.
- Towels Provided: 1 quality large swimming/beach and 2 bath towels are provided per person.
Fitness room/equipment: Our own mini-fleet of hire bikes. Please enquire well in advance.
- Wood Stove: Winter Use.
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Living Room: Wall fixed flat screen TV - fully equipped and large sitting room with 3 balconies and mezzanine level above.
- Games: Exclusive use full-size ping pong table all weather undercover in the 'Games Barn'. Monopoly, card games, internet accessed games.
- Television: English satellite TV in the kitchen/entertaining space.
- Stereo: Music system
- DVD Player: Selection of DVD's
- Books: A selection of contemporary books are available.
- There is an HDMI cable to link up to the television with your chosen devices to stream TV / Video etc.
- Toys: A selection of toys can be provided from a stock for most ages.
Please enquire in advance, so that the owners can make the relevant age toys available on arrival.
- Video Library
- Video Games
- PS2 + Selection of Games (Please bring any favourite games with you)
- Private Villa
- Private Pool
- Heated Pool
- 4+ bedrooms
- 2+ Bathrooms
- Games Room
- Secure Parking
- BBQ Area
- Table Tennis
- Pet Friendly
- Child Friendly
- Easy Walk to Shops
- Golf Nearby
- Spacious garden
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
The house is under a mile from the famous Canal du Midi at Ventenac, praised for its choice of restaurants.
It is close to all essential services at Lezignan Corbieres and the Cathedral city of Narbonne, with its choice of high-quality sandy beaches beyond.
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|29 Aug 2020 - 25 Sep 2020||€1749|
|22 May 2021 - 25 Jun 2021||€1749|
|26 Jun 2021 - 09 Jul 2021||€2334|
|10 Jul 2021 - 27 Aug 2021||€2451|
|28 Aug 2021 - 24 Sep 2021||€1749|
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: €500.00
- Cleaning fee of 80 Euros payable to owner on arrival.
- Security deposit of 500 Euros payable to owner on arrival.
- Sturday changeovers.
- Outside is ample secure parking for multiple vehicles. The garden has a separate BBQ building and a treehouse for children. There is also a huge games barn with a full-size ping pong table.
- Cots provided
- Bikes for hire (€75 per week, per bike)
- Wheelchair inaccessible
- Linen and towels provided
- End of Stay Cleaning Fee 100 Euro
- French cooking classes can be arranged for guests if required.
- There are tennis courts opposite.