Maison d'Histoire - AVI102OL
Prices from £2,983 - £4,198
Sleeps: 8 Bedrooms: 3
Characterful 14th century Provencal holiday home near Mazan, ideal for history lovers or people that are looking for something unusual. This 3 bedroom maison comfortably sleeps up to 8 guests and features beautifully manicured grounds with private pool and terraces. Restaurants within 150m.
About Maison d'Histoire
La Maison d'Histoire, a holiday villa in Provence, is ideal for history lovers. The house, built between the 14th and 16th centuries, has been restored to preserve its beautiful architectural elements, including mullioned windows, fireplaces, beams and a stone spiral staircase. This hillside property also includes an expansive terraced garden and a 10x5m swimming pool with diving fossa set in a stone courtyard.
On the home’s ground level, you’ll find a modern kitchen, a bathroom and a dining room with wooden shutters and beamed ceiling. The first floor holds two bedrooms, a bathroom and a living room with medieval fireplace, terracotta floors and a TV. The top floor is a spacious bedroom with a 360 degree view of the Provencal hills, a private bathroom and a large terrace.
Dine outside under a vine-covered trellis, and enjoy a summer kitchen with barbecue. When you’re ready to explore the Luberon, you can walk to Oppede le Vieux, a charming hilltop village with a historic church and ruins. Stay active by hiking and mountain biking, or drive to Cavaillon’s (9 km) weekly market, famous for melons.
Facilities and Features
- Dining room with beams and old tiles, double aspect, wooden interior
shutters, large table and antique furniture.
- Kitchen: dishwasher, oven, microwave, washing machine, double sinks,
fridge, freezer, buffet and a large table.
- Bathroom: bathtub, double wash-hand basins, WC. Dressed stone.
- Living room with a large medieval fireplace, terra cotta floors, ancient stained
glass windows, exposed beams, two sofas, coffee table, large console. Triple
aspect, direct access to the garden and to the master bedroom, TV, Hi-Fi.
- Bedroom 1: 2 beds (1 double/2singles). Old floor tiles.
- Bedroom 2: spacious with 4 beds (2 doubles/4 singles), old floor tiles.
- Bathroom: bath with shower screen, double wash-hand basins.
- Bedroom 3: spacious bedroom, dual access, numerous windows with a 360°
fantastic view, beautiful materials : frame, tiles. Private bathroom with a
bathtub, a shower, one wash-hand basin, WC. Dressing.
- Terrace of 10m², overlooking panoramic view.
- On a lower level to the house, but with a direct access, is a 10x5m swimming
pool with a diving fossa and three-stairs at an angle, alarm, chlorine treatment,
- Trellis covered with vines, large table, teak furniture, summer kitchen in the
basement: gas barbecue, fridge, freezer, dishwasher; WC, one wash-hand
basin and closet.
- Laid-out terraced garden of 2000m² where you can take a walk by climbing
different stairs, shaded lunch rooms and woodland areas.
- Private Villa
- Private Pool
- 2+ Bedrooms
- 2+ Bathrooms
- Games Room
- Private Parking
- BBQ Area
- No Pets
- No Smoking
- Easy Walk to Shops
- Golf Nearby
- Spacious garden
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
And at 2 kms (Oppede New village )a bakery, a restaurant and a pizzeria
The supermarket is 5kms away (in Coustellet) as well as a fish market, a butcher and several bakeries .
The Provençal way of life is one that’s deeply tempting for anyone who’s been feeling the need to get away from it all. This is a place where the Mediterranean weather turns fields of corn and lavender into picture-perfect backdrops, where you can sip your locally bought wine and enjoy the landscapes before heading out and tackling them head-on with a range of great activities for families, groups of friends and adventurous foodies.
The house is located in Provence, in the heart of a North Luberon historical village situated 35km from Avignon train station, 65km from Marseille's airport and 15km from the A7 motorway.
There are nearby shops and restaurants within 5km from the house as well as a golf course only 20 minutes away.
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|22 Aug 2020 - 24 Apr 2021||£2983|
|19 Jun 2021 - 02 Jul 2021||£3535|
|03 Jul 2021 - 20 Aug 2021||£4198|
|21 Aug 2021 - 22 Apr 2022||£2983|
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: £1500.00
- Security deposit is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Linen and towels included.
- End of stay clean included.
- Changeover day is Saturday.
Chef/Cook available (at extra cost)