Shangri-La - SAUV106
Shangri-La is the perfect holiday home for a relaxing and hassle-free family holiday. Located in the centre of the Languedocian village of Sauvian with all amenities on your doorstep, and only a 10-minute drive from the Mediterranean beaches. Private heated pool, air conditioning, wifi and a fusion of French-Asian decor. Child-friendly. 3 bedrooms, comfortably sleeping 6. FLEXIBLE ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE DAYS!
NOTE: The owners acquired this house late 2018 and are in the process of refurbishing and redecorating the interior and exterior. The house and outside area will be fully ready for summer 2019, photos and description will be updated regularly. Currently, the conservatory and outside area hasn't been refurbished yet. A sketch of the plans for the garden has been added to give a better idea of what to expect. As a thank you for your confidence, the owners offer a 10% early bird discount, included in the advertised price.
Shangri-La is the ideal villa for families or groups of friends looking for a relaxing and hassle-free holiday, with all amenities right on your doorstep (< 5 min walk) and the beach within 4 miles (10 min by car, direct bus). The village of Sauvian has an exceptional Mediterranean atmosphere, complete with palm-tree-lined square and streets; it boasts a supermarket, bakery, butcher, chemist, and several bars and restaurants - all within only a couple of minute's walk from your holiday villa!
As you enter Shangri-La, you step into a beautiful hallway with an iron-wrought staircase. The bright open plan living/dining room looks out onto the private heated swimming pool and garden. French windows open up into the conservatory, where you can slide doors and windows open for al-fresco dining. The separate fully-equipped kitchen offers a spacious haven, ideal for preparing the most exquisite of French dishes and boasting an island with barstools, double sink, Senseo coffee machine and Whirlpool oven, dishwasher and microwave. Separate toilet under the staircase on the ground floor.
On the first floor are 3 bedrooms and stunning family bathroom with over-bath rain shower and double sinks. Separate toilet.
Master double bedroom with aircon, fitted wardrobe.
Second bedroom (twin or double, overlay mattress for your comfort) with fan and fitted wardrobe.
Third bedroom (twin or double, overlay mattress for your comfort) with fan and balcony.
All bedroom windows have mosquito screens and electric shutters.
The South-facing garden is a true gem, a haven of peace and quiet in the heart of the village. The private heated swimming pool (8mx4m, depth up to 1.6m) with Roman steps and ladder access offers an unrivalled place to relax and play. Surrounded by beautiful plants and flowers, you will feel a million miles away whilst you relax on the sunbeds on the terrace or the deck, under that wonderful Southern French sun. There will be a shaded lounge area to submerge in that book you've been longing to read or to sit together for an evening under the stars with loved ones. The swimming pool can be heated upon request, please enquire.
There is a room attached to the lounge area that will be equipped with 2 sofa beds, making a possible 4th bedroom on request.
Facilities and FeaturesGround floor:
- Entrance hall with iron wrought staircase and coat hangers.
- Open-plan lounge and dining room with 8 seater dining table, TV with Google Chrome Cast (don't forget your Netflix password!), brand new 4 seater sofa and armchair, as well as air conditioning. Windows to the outside have shutters and insect screens.
- Fully equipped kitchen with vitro-ceramic electric hob, double sinks, Senseo coffee machine and Whirpool oven, microwave, and dishwasher.
- Separate toilet.
- Bedroom 1 (Master) with King-size bed, fitted wardrobes, air conditioning, window with electric shutters and insect screen.
- Bedroom 2 with twin beds that can be converted into a large double bed with double layover mattress for your comfort, fitted wardrobes, fan, window with electric shutters and insect screen.
- Bedroom 3 with twin beds that can be converted into a large double bed with double layover mattress for your comfort, fan, French doors with electric shutters and insect screen opening up onto a balcony with little table and chairs.
- Family bathroom with bath with shower attachment (and rain shower attachment), double sinks and plenty of storage and towel space.
- Private heated swimming pool (8mx4m) with steps and ladder access. Depth up to 1,60m. Heating upon request, extra charge applies.
- Air conditioning (downstairs living/dining room and upstairs master bedroom)
- Electric shutters and insect screens (on most doors and windows)
- Wifi internet
- Google Chrome Cast (Netflix, streaming)
- Garage/Private/Secure/Street parking
- Pets accepted under circumstances (please enquire)
- No smoking (outside only)
- Easy Walk to Shops
- Un-overlooked Pool
- Private Pool
- Heated Pool
- Secure fenced pool
- Private Parking
- Golf Nearby
- Watersports Nearby
- Secure Parking
- Child Friendly
- Street Parking
- BBQ Area
- No Smoking
- Private Villa
- 2+ Bedrooms
This marker is for indication purpose only
Location and MapSauvian is a typically French village with an exceptionally Mediterranean atmosphere. Located in the heart of the Languedoc region of Southern France, only 5-10 minutes by car from various beaches such as Sérignan, Valras and Vendres. There are regular direct buses to Valras-Plage and a dedicated cycling path to both Serignan Plage and Valras Plage.
With palm-tree lined streets and plenty to do, this is the ideal holiday location for people of all ages that are looking for a relaxing holiday with all amenities on their doorstep. There is a small supermarket in the centre of the village and a larger one on the outskirts. The main square is just around the corner of the house and boasts a bar, a brilliant restaurant, a tattoo parlour and a hairdresser. Just around the corner of the main square, you'll find more bars, a couple of pizza restaurants, a florist, a Tabac, a post-office (with ATM), a Mairie, a great boulangerie (we recommend the almond croissants!), a park with a playground for children, a butchers, a gym, a chemist and a doctor's surgery. Just a bit further are tennis courts and pétanque courts, all within easy walking distance of Shangri-La.
Children can play in the local park while teenagers can join the local skateboarders of the village. Adults can relax on the terrace of one of the multiple bars, or you can attend one of the many events that Sauvian has throughout the summer. Don't miss out on the weekly market!
Béziers is only 10 minutes away and is a must-see with cobble-stoned roads winding all around the historic centre and the city's landmark cathedral. Full of bars, restaurants, ice cream vendors and many shops. Visit Le Vieux Liège for a delicious 3-course meal, or dance the night away in Le Chameau Ivre overlooking the dancing fountains.
If you're looking for a bit of shopping, head to Le Polygone, a beautiful shopping centre with a cinema and bowling alley on the top floor, as well as more restaurants than you can count - sushi, Italian, tapas, burgers, crêpes - you name it, they've got it.
Other highlights in Béziers include the Canal du Midi, various nightclubs, shopping opportunities and beautiful parks that you'll find yourself not wanting to leave.
Other easy to reach villages and towns that are well worth a visit include Pézenas, Narbonne, Puisserguier, Colombiers, Sérignan, Valras, Cessenon-sur-Orb, Roquebrun and much more.
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|25 May 2019 - 28 Jun 2019||£998|
|29 Jun 2019 - 30 Aug 2019||£1395|
|31 Aug 2019 - 18 Oct 2019||£998|
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: £600.00
- 10% EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT INCLUDED IN ADVERTISED RATES!
- FLEXIBLE ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE DAYS!
- Linen, towels and end of stay clean included.
- Pool heating optional, extra charge of €150 per week.
Further Information- Although located in the centre of the village, there is very minimal road noise due to being located at the end of a drive that is shared with only one neighbour. The surrounding roads are one-way and of a maximum speed of 30 km/h, making it very safe for children.
- There are plenty of parking options; make use of the double garage that can fit one car; park directly outside the house within the semi-private drive, or use the abundance of free parking located all around the village.
- All bedrooms are equipped with electric shutters, mosquito screens and fans (master bedroom has air conditioning).
- There is a day-care centre for children within the village, available by reservation.
- Please note that the owners are still updating various rooms of this house and we will add photos as and when the rooms are completed. If you'd like specific photos or have any questions, please contact us.
- Linen and towels provided.
Places of interest near this property
- St. Chinian
- Valras Plage
- Vias Plage
- Portiragnes Plage
- Adventure Park Beziers
- Aqualand Cap d'Agde
- Farm-Zoo Cessenon-sur-Orb
- Polygone Cinema Beziers
- Amnesia Club Cap d'Agde
- Market St. Chinian
- Fairground Valras Plage
- Europark Vias
- Toro Piscine Vias
- Fishing Grau d'Agde
- Cactus Park Bessan
- Paintball Vendres
- Cazouls Les Beziers
- Narbonne & Beziers
- Restaurants & Bars
- Cities & Villages
- Sights & Attractions
- Beaches & Bars
- Kids & Activities
- Events & Festivals
- Museums & Markets
- Travel & Itineraries
- Canal du Midi
- Promaude, Lezignan-Corbieres
- Le Chai Bon, Cazouls-les-Beziers
- Beziers Plage, Chateau Vaisseries, Beziers
- Cafe de la Gare, Reals
- La Guinguette, Beziers
- Lou Calamaire, Beziers
- Les Grands Buffets, Narbonne
- Polygone Shopping Mall, Beziers
- Beziers Flower Market
- Markets Beziers
- Les Estivales
- Beziers Feria
- Markets Pezenas
- Market Valras
- Basalte, Agde
- River Beaches Reals
- Serignan Plage
- Oppidum d'Ensérune & Etang de Montady
- Cabanes de Fleury
- Cap d'Agde
- Vendres Plage
- Beziers - surroundings & beaches