Blossom Domaine - SAU101OL
Prices from £7,096 - £7,884
Sleeps: 13 Bedrooms: 7
Blossom Domaine is much more than just a luxury villa in the Languedoc. It’s a unique and beautiful estate which is the much-loved home of two authors in love with the region. It has also been featured in several home decorating books and has been the backdrop for a cookbook.
About Blossom Domaine
The property is made up of two magnificent homes; a beautifully restored ancient stone farmhouse and a restored Maison de Maître. There is also a rustic deluxe cabin in the woods plus a recent addition - a fabulous treehouse between the oak trees, made lovingly by hand by the owners themselves.
Furnishings and equipment are beautiful and of high quality and create a comfortable and attractive home for guests There are antiques, gorgeous modern pieces (many of them bespoke and handmade), pottery, artwork and a personal collection of American quilts (the owner is also a quilt collector and historian). Each house has its own well stocked brand new ‘chef's’ kitchen with high-end equipment.
In the farmhouse, everything is totally air-conditioned whilst the Maison de Maître enjoys huge thick walls, keeping it remarkably cool and fresh throughout the summer. There are also two charming and well-equipped outdoor kitchens and dining areas, plus a fabulous newly built BBQ area with grills (charcoal and gas), planchas and paella burners.
The cabin in the woods is a romantic hideaway with two beautiful leafy terraces, one of which has its own mini-kitchen for alfresco coffee and drinks. The treehouse is for the adventurous and romantic who will adore the amazing views from its terrace and the trees that weave their way through the house.
Outdoors, the private and tranquil grounds are beautiful and full of parkland (10 acres) with terraces, lawns (one with a pond and fountain), flower gardens, woodland and a swimming pool with views over rolling fields of sunflowers and lavender. Below the Maison de Maître is a meandering lavender garden with meditation bench and lots of hammocks are tucked away throughout the grounds.
For the energetic there are eight bicycles, pétanque, table tennis and badminton. There is also a gym and a large range of good exercise equipment including an elliptical machine, weights, bench and trax.
The estate faces the foothills of the Cévennes mountains and is surrounded by rolling hills of vineyards, sunflowers and evergreen oak. Situated on a little hill and built around a tree shaded courtyard, it is a beautiful and tranquil little hamlet with glorious 360-degree views. The estate has been lovingly converted by the creative owners over 25 years. Evidence of a Roman temple has been found just below the property.
Le Domaine Fleuri is wonderfully located; only a few kilometers from the fabulous and utterly charming rural villages of Sauve and Sommieres. The area is abundant with local vineyards, like Pic St Loup and Faugères, beautiful walks and ancient villages with colourful markets, restaurants and art and craft galleries. Beaches are only 45 minutes away whilst river swimming and canoeing or kayaking are only 20 minutes away. There are plenty of festivals, exhibitions and musical events in local villages and towns, such as Nîmes (35 min), Montpellier (45 min), Uzès (40 min), Arles (50 min), Sète (60 min), Avignon (60 min) and fine cultural sites such as the Pont-du-Gard (50 min).
It’s not surprising that many guests come back to Le Domaine Fleuri year after year and say that it’s nothing short of paradise. The owners think the same.
Facilities and Features
- Kitchen, with new fully equipped 'chefs’ kitchen and dining room with seating for 12 people
- Double bedroom with separate entrance, terrace, double bed and en-suite bathroom
- Salon with large screen TV
- Master bedroom (super king size bed) with private bathroom
- Bedroom (large single) shared bathroom
- Bedroom (double) shared bathroom
- Bedroom (queen size bed and sofa bed) with separate entrance, rear entrance also leading to terrace with fountain, private bathroom
- Large Hallway with rear door to rear terrace and bathroom
- Media room with sofa-bed and TV
- The Orangerie (large salon of 700 square feet) with sofa, dining table and new fully equipped ‘chef’s’ kitchen opening onto the garden
- Large salon (700 square feet) with antique quilt gallery and comfortable seating
- Bedroom (double) with additional sofa bed (Conran), adjoining private bathroom
Cabin in the woods
Large space with queen bed and bathroom, circular terraces, gardens and summer kitchen on the terrace.
Well-insulated single large space with beautiful views over the mountains, trees growing through the walls and roof. There are 2 sleeping nooks (one with 2 single mattresses the other with a double mattress), bathroom below, large deck outside with table and chairs, ping pong table on deck below.
- Heated pool (6x12m)
- Pool house with shower and changing room
- Covered built in BBQ area (grills; gas and charcoal, plancha, paella pans and burners)
- A/C (Farmhouse and Cabin in the woods)
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Nespresso coffee machine (please bring your own capsules)
- Pantry Items
- Iron and ironing board
- Video library
- Music library
- Fully equipped gym with elliptical machine, weights, bench, trax, etc.
- Tennis table
- 8 Bikes with helmets
- Badminton net and rackets
- Beach gear and inflatables
- Private Villa
- Private Pool
- Heated Pool
- 6+ Bedrooms
- 4+ Bathrooms
- BBQ Area
- Pet Friendly
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|29 Aug 2020 - 05 Apr 2021||£7096|
|29 May 2021 - 25 Jun 2021||£7096|
|26 Jun 2021 - 27 Aug 2021||£7884|
|28 Aug 2021 - 08 Apr 2022||£7096|
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: £2500.00