The Roussillon Farmhouse - CER101Q
Prices from £6,540 - £8,395
Sleeps: 14 Bedrooms: 7
The Roussillon Farmhouse is a recently renovated 19th-century farmhouse, located in Canet en Roussillon only 10 minutes from the coast. Boasting 7 bedrooms sleeping up to 14 people, this is the ideal property for groups or families with children due to the large garden with play equipment, the secured and fenced private (heated/salt-water) swimming pool and the games room. This villa is party air-conditioned, has wifi, heating, outdoor dining and private parking.
About The Roussillon Farmhouse
The Roussillon Farmhouse is a charming 19th-century recently renovated farmhouse, located only 10 minutes from the coast in Canet en Roussillon, Languedoc. The large lawn is perfect for children, as well as the games room and outdoor play equipment, making this the ideal located for your family holiday.
This villa is a mountain and beach holiday all rolled into one! The property is set in a small hamlet with a delightful walled garden surrounded by vines, orchards and fabulous views over the Pyrenees, all just 10 minutes from the Mediterranean coast.
A recent renovation and extension project completed by a renowned local architect has transformed this once simple Catalan farmhouse into a sophisticated, modern home without compromise. Traditional features combined with the use of natural, local material, finished with a blend of modern and antique furnishings and creative use of colour make a wonderfully warm and welcoming family home.
Ground floor: Enter the property on the ground floor where you will find an open-plan living and dining area complete with an 18th-century grand piano and fireplace. There is a fully equipped kitchen and French doors leading the garden, as well as a separate WC.
First floor: On the first floor, you will find a double bedroom offering beautiful mountains views. This bedroom connects to a twin bedroom with underfloor heating/cooling and a Juliette balcony. There is a bathroom and separate WC. You will also find the informal living room/games room offering TV, DVD and CD players. The ceiling is high beamed and the patio doors open onto an arched balcony.
There is a Master double bedroom suite offering double aspect French doors, a walk-in wardrobe and dressing area, a shower room and a separate WC.
On the second floor, you will find a mezzanine study/double bedroom (sofabed) with 270-degree sea and mountain views. There is a traditional Catalan wood burner, as well as an en-suite shower room and WC.
Door to further Mezzanine overlooking first-floor living/games room.
In the new wing on the ground floor is a double bedroom (1.60m 4-poster bed with adjustable twin mattresses) offering mountain views and an en-suite shower room an WC. This room connects the new-wing living area to the central hallway between the two wings. There is a large open plan living/dining room and kitchen, an open fireplace, double height ceiling. French doors to the terrace and courtyard garden and stairs to the mezzanine.
On the first floor of the new wing is a mezzanine with a library/study area overlooking the living room, a double bedroom with mountain views, a twin bedroom with garden views that connects to the original wing double bedroom. There is a bathroom and WC.
The garden area is a mecca for kids - the large flat lawn and play equipment will keep children happily occupied whilst the adults keep a watchful eye from the terrace and possibly sample some well-known wines of the Banyuls-sur-Mer vineyards. The newly-built swimming pool is heated and salt-water and is set in a walled and gated area making it ideal for families with younger children.
Facilities and Features
ORIGINAL MAS (Common areas centrally air-conditioned)
- Entrance hall, door to new wing bedroom. Steps down to the open plan living/dining room (18th century grand piano), open fireplace, French doors to garden.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- Guest WC.
- Double bedroom (1.60m), mountain views. This room connects to new wing twin room.
- Twin bedroom (0.90m), underfloor heating/cooling, Juliette balcony.
- Bathroom. Separate WC.
- Informal living/games room (TV, DVD, CD), high beamed ceiling, patio doors opening onto arched balcony.
- Master double bedroom suite (1.60m), double aspect French doors, walk-in wardrobe/dressing area, shower room, separate WC. Second floor/tower:
- Mezzanine study/double bedroom (sofabed) with 270 degree sea and mountain views, traditional Catalan wood burner, ensuite shower room WC.
- Door to further Mezzanine overlooking first floor living/games room. NEW WING
- Double bedroom (1.60m 4-poster bed with adjustable twin mattresses), mountain views, ensuite shower room, WC. This room connects the new wing living area to the central hallway between the two wings.
- Large, open plan living/dining room and kitchen, open fireplace, double height ceiling, French doors to terrace and courtyard garden, stairs to mezzanine. First floor:
- Mezzanine with library/study area overlooking the living room.
- Double bedroom (1.60m), mountain views.
- Twin bedroom, garden views. This room connects to original wing double bedroom.
- Bathroom, WC.
- 1 hectare of enclosed grounds. Large flat lawn with mature palms, walled garden and courtyard (floodlit at night). Several terraces for outdoor living and dining, built-in charcoal barbecue. Children's climbing frame, slide, swings. Trampoline on request (all at own risk). Separate walled and gated area with private 15m x 6m heated, salt-water pool (depth 0.80m - 2.5m). Gated entrance with ample parking.
- Private Villa
- Private Pool
- Heated Pool
- Secure fenced pool
- 6+ Bedrooms
- 4+ Bathrooms
- Games Room
- Private Parking
- BBQ Area
- Child Friendly
- Golf Nearby
- Watersports Nearby
- Spacious garden
Location and Map
This marker is for indication purpose only
CLOSEST TOWNS AND VILLAGES
- Canet-en-Roussillon 6.5 km
- Perpignan town 9.5 km
- Argeles-sur-Mer 20 km
- Banyuls-sur-Mer | Riberac 40 km
- Cerbere and Spanish border 45 km
- Perpignan 17 km
- Beziers 115 km
- Carcassonne 120 km
- Barcelona 215 km
SHOPS AND RESTAURANTS
- Canet-en-Roussillon 6.5 km
- Canet-en-Roussillon 6.5 km
- Tennis club (Canet-en-Roussillon) 6.5 km
- Golf locally
- Wine tasting locally
Weekly rates and Extra Charges
|rental period||weekly rate|
|03 Apr 2021 - 18 Jun 2021||£6540|
|19 Jun 2021 - 27 Aug 2021||£8395|
|28 Aug 2021 - 22 Oct 2021||£6540|
Fees and conditions
Upgrading for chef service
Included: Wi-Fi internet. Air-conditioning. Pool heating (June – Sept). Pool/beach towels. Winter heating.
Extras: Maid service €15 per hour. Pool heating Oct-May €500 per week (to 28 degrees). Chef service.