Maison Penny - VALM101
Character house or mountain retreat located in the wine producing region of Blanquette. Breathtaking panoramic views over the Pyrenees close by. Private swimming pool. Internet and UK satellite TV. 6 bedrooms / 6 bathrooms. Sleeps 12.
- BEDROOMS - 6 bedrooms, sleeps maximum of 12 people. Each bedroom has its own en suite bath or shower room.
- Bedroom 1 - 1 double bed, wardrobe, chest-of-drawers, dressing table, double doors to terrace.
- Bedroom 2 - 2 single beds, wardrobe.
- The following bedrooms are accessible via the terrace:
- Bedroom 3 - 1 double bed, wardrobe, antique chest-of-drawers. Double doors to garden.
- Bedroom 4 - 2 single beds, wardrobe, chest-of-drawers.
- Bedroom 5 - 1 double bed, 2 wardrobes.
- Bedroom 6 - 1 sofa bed/futon on the mezzanine above the dining area
- * All the bedrooms have en suite facilities and are comfortably furnished, it could be possible to add an extra single/child bed in some of them.
- BATHROOMS - 6 bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 - WC, bath with shower, bidet, washbasin;
- Bathroom 2 - WC, bath with shower, washbasin.
- Bathroom 3 - WC, shower cubicle with jets, washbasin, WC.
- Bathroom 4 - WC, shower cubicle with jets, washbasin, WC.
- Bathroom 5 - WC, shower cubicle with jets, washbasin, WC.
- Bathroom 6 - WC, shower cubicle, washbasin.
- * The bath/shower rooms are newly fitted.
- Kitchen - grill, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, hobs, oven, microwave, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Multimedia equipment - TV with UK satellite, DVD, CD, Internet access.
- Satellite TV
- Table Tennis
- Un-overlooked Pool
- Pet friendly
- 4+ Bathrooms
- Private Pool
- Private Parking
- Golf Nearby
- Watersports Nearby
- Secure Parking
- Child Friendly
- BBQ Area
- Games Room
- Private Villa
- 6+ Bedrooms
- Spacious garden
|rental period||weekly rate|
|27 Feb 2016 - 25 Mar 2016||£712|
|26 Mar 2016 - 08 Apr 2016||£1060|
|09 Apr 2016 - 03 Jun 2016||£712|
|04 Jun 2016 - 17 Jun 2016||£769|
|18 Jun 2016 - 15 Jul 2016||£1557|
|16 Jul 2016 - 26 Aug 2016||£1867|
|27 Aug 2016 - 09 Sep 2016||£1557|
Fees and conditions
- Security Deposit: £300.00
- - Prices are per week.
- - Linen and towels available at £10 per room.
- - Electricity charged on meter readings.
* Arques (6 km) with a boulangerie, post office, general shop & cafe/bar/restaurant, the Chateau or “Donjon” (dungeon), a lake for swimming and windsurfing, a river, a tennis court and horse riding.
* Attractive local villages such as Missegre, Villardebelle, Bouisse and Montjoi with its spectacular gorge
* Rennes-le-Chateau with its holy secrets
* The thermal spa of Rennes-les-Bains
* The medieval spa of Alet-les-Bains with its casino, tree-walking adventure activity area, and watersports on the river.
* The small town of Couiza and neighbouring Esperaza with a dinosaur museum and renowned Sunday market, full of local produce and other ethnic stalls run by colourful rainbow-clothed people.
* Limoux, a fine town and home of the sparkling Blanquette de Limoux
Activities such as hiking, fishing, rock climbing, golf, paraponting and many others are available in the vicinity. Details can be found in the House Manual and accompanying brochures on arrival.
This countryside property is situated in the peaceful hamlet of Valmigère in the Corbières mountains.
The village of Valmigère is high in the hills enjoying a wide variety of walks on tracks and trails through fields, heath and woods. Some of the panoramic views towards the Pyrenees are truly breathtaking. Just 500 metres away is the Col de Valmigère which makes a perfect picnic spot with spectacular views towards the Pyrenees and the south-west.
The surrounding forests offer superb walks. There is a very original fountain in the hamlet which is worth visiting.
On the first Saturday in August, this tiny hamlet hosts the Fete des Bestiaux, where farmers enter their animals to be judged and everybody gets to eat and enjoy locally-produced meat and cheese. Visitors come from far and wide to enjoy this fete whose highlight is the 'Lapinodrome'; 6 rabbits are put in hutches set in a circle around a single lettuce leaf. Bets are placed as to which rabbit will do away with the lettuce leaf first. All good family fun!
The house is located 48 km from the fortified Cité de Carcassonne and its airport, in the Cathar country.
In Arques there is the Chateau or “Donjon” (Dungeon), a lake for swimming and windsurfing, a tennis court and horse riding, shops & restaurants.
Within easy reach there is Rennes-le-Chateau with its holy secrets, local markets, two thermal spas, a dinosaur museum, artisans, fishing, the excitements of watersports on the rivers, rock climbing, treewalking & long hiking trails.
Discover the Cathar Castles, enjoy the festivals and carnivals of villages and towns such as Missègre, Couiza, Esperaza, Alet-les-Bains, Limoux and the medieval city of Carcassonne. Taste the famous wines of the region including Fitou, Minervois, Corbieres and, of course, the sparkling Blanquette de Limoux.
The Pyrenee mountains or Mediterranean beaches are only about an hour and a half away, or you could equally take a trip into Spain for the day.
There is little to hear from this house apart from bird song, cow bells and the chiming of the church clock. It oozes rustic charm. High in the hills, it enjoys comfortable temperatures even in the height of summer. It is situated in glorious surroundings and is one of the houses that make up a charming little hamlet. In the depths of nature, yet only 15 minutes to shops and a town centre.
A variety of beautiful circular walking paths with panoramic views across to the Pyrenees start from the very doorstep of this house.
The garden has lawns and an area of mixed woodland. There is a table tennis table, and a new plunge pool with fencing. A grassy ride winds through the trees past a chalet-style summer house.
The house has a cool airy living area with antiques, leather sofas and chairs, a wood burning fireplace, ADSL internet access by WiFi or cable, UK satellite Freeview TV, DVD & radio/ cassette CD players, and a variety of books & games. There is a ceiling fan.
Overlooking the dining area is a charming 'minstrel's gallery' with a double sofa bed, easy chairs and books etc.
The kitchen is light and airy with double doors leading onto the west-facing terrace. It is comprehensively equipped with a fridge/freezer, a separate fridge, a double-size cooker and oven, a microwave, a coffee-maker, a kettle and a large toaster. There is a double sink and a dishwasher. The kitchen leads onto an adjoining laundry/utility room where there is a washing machine and tumble-dryer.
There are 5 comfortable bedrooms each with its new ensuite bath/shower room plus another WC/shower downstairs.
Al fresco life is easy on the shaded terraces with tables and chairs, plus a charcoal barbecue.
This is a family home in the winter and so is equipped to be a "home from home" for its guests.
Private swimming pool of 4.2m x 2.3m with a depth of 1.3m. Fenced.
Gently sloping garden set to grass - child's swing, BBQ, garden furniture.
Electricity at cost.
There are stairs up to house and inside.
Sorry, no smoking
Places of interest near this property
VALM101 - COMMENTS FROM GUESTBOOKGuests wrote: '...A wonderful time in a real gem of a location, The children really enjoyed all of the activities in the area especially the wild rivers, the horse riding and the thermal swimming pools. We loved the walks and the views from the ridge behind the village. We will be back!''...We had a wonderful break and loved the villa. The kids had a great time discovering all the wildlife in the garden…All the instructions etc were very helpful and the villa had everything we needed. We hope to come back for more one day! '
" The property was good value for money and our expectations were met. The general quality of the equipment in the property was good. The booking procedure and service and easy and good. "
Prithiva - Summer 2014